So I had the unit installed in the car today and gone are all doubts I had over the audio quality.

I was originally going to drive the car over to the UK and get Cambridge Car Audio to do the install (Dominic was very helpful over e-mail and I'll certainly take my next install there when I'm back in the UK), however, it was looking like it would be March/April next year before I can afford the time and I wanted it installed before then.

Asking round people at work where the best place to go was was a complete dead end - I've already explained that I'm one tecchie in the midst of a group of 'normal' people. Eventually I found a fellow contractor who had had some experience of the place which is about 2 minutes walk from my work. He had nothing but praise for the installer.

Having seen the job he's done with my car (and having seen the car in the middle of the job - erk), I made a good decision. If anybody's near Zürich and needs an install doing, go see:

Autoradio V. Laubbacher
Badenerstr. 575
8048 Zürich
01 492 23 40

(and tell him I sent you)

So, off to the airport tomorrow to pick up my girlfriend and a couple of her friends, then spending the weekend driving all over Switzerland. The only problem with that is I'm going to have to take the sub out of the boot to fit all the luggage in . Ah well.

Nick.

PS Not forgotton about my promise of my list of improvements for Emplode. It's waiting to be typed in - I should be able to post it tomorrow.

--
18Gb blue - s/n 080000299 (original queue position 8724)