Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#151288 - 28/03/2003 19:25 Read (+write?) running-order from (J)Emplode
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
I often wish I could see the current running-order from within JEmplode, and sometimes it would be easier to modify it from there rather than the front panel (e.g. removing a subset of tunes that have no tag in common, other than being unsuitable for the party I'm about to go to, for example).

It would also be nice to be able to look at the bookmarks as playlists, too.

Is it possible to allocate some of the reserved fids for this purpose?

#151289 - 28/03/2003 19:29 Re: Read (+write?) running-order from (J)Emplode [Re: tms13]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Is it possible to allocate some of the reserved fids for this purpose?
In theory, it should be possible to figure this out from the scratch partition, no need to use FIDs to do it. There's been some work done on reverse engineering the scratch partition, so I think what you want to do is do-able. It's just a question of convincing someone to implement it.

#151290 - 28/03/2003 20:03 Re: Read (+write?) running-order from (J)Emplode [Re: tfabris]
tms13
old hand

Loc: Lochcarron and Edinburgh
In reply to:

In theory, it should be possible to figure this out from the scratch partition, no need to use FIDs to do it.

That's true. But it would be much more convenient for the client tools (emptool, emplode, jemplode, and the Hijack Web interface) if it appeared as just another playlist - no need for special-case code with a different protocol, and no need to duplicate the work in all of the clients.

A Hijack WWW-based UI for viewing/manipulating the running-order and bookmarks would be a useful halfway-house, though, and I think the simplest to implement (as it's on the player and thus has direct access to the disks). Now I only Wish that I had the time and skill to do it myself - I've just started a new job (same company) so I'm busy learning all the new stuff I need. (On the good side, it is all Unix and X11, so at least I feel at home.)