Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#151465 - 01/04/2003 11:47 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: muzza]
Dylan
addict

Loc: Virginia, USA
I use a french press and a good burr grinder (the grinder is as important as the brewing device). I also roast my own beans. Freshly roasted beans taste fantastic but the reason I started doing it was for convenience and cost. I'm the only coffee drinker in the house and I never would use up the beans before the taste changed. I tried every method of freezing and airtight storage but there is no getting around the fact that roasted beans only stay fresh for a week - two at most. Plus it was a hassle to buy beans every week. Unroasted beans are good for a year or more. Now I roast what I need for a week and have better and cheaper coffee. If you appreciate good coffee you should check it out. Sweet Maria's is a good place to start.

-Dylan

#151466 - 01/04/2003 11:57 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: Dylan]
Saddam_Hussein
new poster

Loc: Iraq. (so you think)
Personally I can't stand anything but the real fancy stuff. You know, like a nice caramel soy latte from Starbucks. Man I really wish that the Baghdad Starbucks wasn't bombed out the other day. It kind of messed up my morning routine.

-SH

#151467 - 01/04/2003 12:45 Turkish [Re: muzza]
SuperQ
addict

Loc: Berlin, DE
Turkish coffee is the best. It's too bad I cut caffine out of my diet. Too many headaches.

Hot/Cold press Vietnamese coffe is also good.

#151468 - 01/04/2003 14:50 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: Saddam_Hussein]
jimhogan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA, U.S.A.
Man I really wish that the Baghdad Starbucks wasn't bombed out the other day.

And it's not like you were going to get a latte here anyway!

No Frappucinos for you this long, hot summer. Maybe because YOU SUCK!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.

#151469 - 02/04/2003 03:46 Re: Turkish [Re: SuperQ]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Turkish coffee is the best. It's too bad I cut caffine out of my diet. Too many headaches.

Strange - I have headaches for lack of caffeine.

Hot/Cold press Vietnamese coffe is also good.

Ugh, the stuff I drank in Vietnam would have burned a hole in my stomach if I was not adding generous amount of condensed milk. The stronges coffee I ever had.

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#151470 - 02/04/2003 06:02 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: bonzi]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Pity you people don't like a teasmade to get you going in the morning, it's nearly as vibrant a community as the Empeg.

I'm for the best possible espresso machine, anything under £300 comes out weak and tepid, I sat in the dealership and tried all the machines - a Gaggia did it: With a matching grinder sitting next to it, that seems to help the taste greatly.

I use the stove top in the motorhome, in fairness, it tastes as good, but it's inconvenient (Except on warm days when you can walk to the sluice between cups!)

#151471 - 02/04/2003 19:43 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: jimhogan]
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
I formed this image (Please don't hit me!!) of Heather pointing her finger at a nearby salesman (down on all fours of course!) and shouting "You! Coffee! Now!"

While the mental image works better with the guys I used to work with (most of them were shorter than me), the spazzes I currently call my sales staff can not accomplish even this simple task correctly. Trust me, I tried.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#151472 - 02/04/2003 23:40 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: Heather]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
and you trust them with hardware and money??!

#151473 - 03/04/2003 12:32 Re: What's your favourite way of making coffee? [Re: muzza]
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
and you trust them with hardware and money??!

Not so much with money. Very little cash changes hands, and all paperwork goes through my hands at least twice now, since they have been stupid enough to release a car without a signed finance contact before.

Two steps foward, one step back. At least we've made some progress.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2