Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#15174 - 23/08/2000 18:18 Duplicates in playlist
morrisdl
enthusiast

Loc: Rochester, NY USA
Is there any easy way or tricks to prevent duplicate listings from getting into the empeg. The sync program crashed half way through the BIG upload. I dont know where it stopped and dont know how to proceed with deleting all the duplicates.

-Doug
(Mk2-12G-Blue)

#15175 - 25/08/2000 14:16 Re: Duplicates in playlist [Re: morrisdl]
Henno
addict

Loc: Meije, Netherlands
dont know how to proceed with deleting all the duplicates.

Start emplode and export the database as a Comma Separated file and import it into Excel. There you can easily sort the contents and identify duplicates. It's also an easy way to find incomplete and erroneous tags, and when you sort on artist / CD title (and throw away all the tracks) a nice catalogue of your CD (provided you've ripped them all).

Be aware of the fact that when the upload crashes, files may end-up in the 'Unattached' folder of emplode/empeg player.

Good luck

Henno
mk2 6 nr 6

#15176 - 29/08/2000 15:12 Re: Duplicates in playlist [Re: Henno]
doug316
journeyman

I would think Emplode could identify duplicates if all of the following match:

Artist
Album
Song Title
Track number

If you want duplicates, you gotta name 'em differently in the tags.

#15177 - 29/08/2000 15:17 Re: Duplicates in playlist [Re: doug316]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Right now, I'm pretty sure Emplode doesn't care if you feed it ten files with identical tags. Theoretically, they could change Emplode to warn you if those things were the same as an existing song, then offer to replace/skip the file if you want. Not a bad idea. Put that in the wish list forum.

Failing that, there is a plan to have a "search" box in Emplode soon. I don't know how this box is going to work, but I hope that one of its options will be to display a sortable version of the entire database. Then you could just click on the "title" column and see where all the dupes exist.