Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#152276 - 01/04/2003 11:19 Changing playlist to current song's playlist
antbankz
new poster

Loc: SA, Texas
I haven't seen this feature yet so if it's there please let me know. I was wondering if there's a way when listening to all of the songs on the player, if you run across a song you like and want to play the album (playlist) that the song resides in, is there a quick shortcut to change the entire playlist just to that albums playlist without having to cycle through all the playlists and do a search? I have 200+ albums on mine and would love to be able to jump into the album of the current song I'm playing with the press of a button so I don't have to look down at it player when driving. Does anything like that exist, and if it doesn't could it maybe be added to a future revision?

#152277 - 01/04/2003 11:27 Re: Changing playlist to current song's playlist [Re: antbankz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes. Turn off shuffle. (From the main menu or by pressing zero on the remote.)

It will un-shuffle "around" the current song, so that everything is in playlist order. You'll be in the middle of that album. Details here.

Another similar option is here.

#152278 - 01/04/2003 11:33 Re: Changing playlist to current song's playlist [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Both of these, I believe, assume that the entire album is in the shuffled playlist.

It would, again, be nice if the player remembered playlist information even after the running order is generated.

#152279 - 01/04/2003 12:55 Re: Changing playlist to current song's playlist [Re: tfabris]
antbankz
new poster

Loc: SA, Texas
Very cool stuff, I've been around here for years, never really posted, but I guess I managed to skip that part of the FAQ. Thanks!