Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#155633 - 16/04/2003 11:02 TiVo Functionality for Empeg????
chris_vd
stranger

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It's been a while since I've crawled these boards, so if this has been brought up already, I apologize...

I've been an avid TiVo user for a few years now, and would find it VERY hard to live without..

As Such, I found myself running some errands the other day with the radio playing over my Empeg. I was only half-listening as one is apt to do when using the radio, but I was caught by the tail end of some valuable information about a sneak preview for a movie I was wanting to see. Being the avid TiVo user I am, I yearned for the :30 rewind so I catch the last bit of the radio message I had missed.

At first I passed this little event off as a random, and infrequent occurance, but since then I have almost on a daily basis missed something on the radio that I wish I could rewind 30 seconds to catch again.

So the question is would it be possible to implement such functionality within the Empeg?? You'd only have to keep a minute or two of buffered live radio queued up.

Am I crazy or would this be a great idea?

#155634 - 16/04/2003 11:49 Re: TiVo Functionality for Empeg???? [Re: chris_vd]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Searching the FAQ on "Tivo" produces this.

#155635 - 20/05/2003 11:37 Re: TiVo Functionality for Empeg???? [Re: chris_vd]
six41
new poster

Loc: pdx, OR, USA

new(ish) gadgets debut for the Tivo radio experience . . .

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,58769,00.html