Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#156287 - 20/04/2003 14:17 Next track display in Track View
RichieC
new poster

Loc: Birmingham, England
A feature that i'd like to see is the next track/artist name displayed in the Track view mode. Perhaps appended to the scrolling text for album-year line at the bottom of the screen? e.g. "Current Album (Year) - Next: track / artist ...."

This would then give you oppertunity to use the tweak buttons on the remote to change the next track, without having to use the Now and Next screen. I don't really like the Now and Next screen as it dosn't display the artist name (just the title)..

Seems to me as though this should be fairly easy to implement in Hijack?

Does anyone else think that this would be a useful feature?

Richie

#156288 - 22/04/2003 16:16 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: RichieC]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Yeah, I like this idea too.

#156289 - 26/04/2003 18:50 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: bodybag]
RichieC
new poster

The reason that i think this would be a good idea is that i often find myself skipping tracks as they start to play.. which (so i'm told!) is very annoying to any passengers that might be in the car..

I have a Pioneer sterring wheel remote, and have a couple of buttons assigned to do Tweak Artist/Album etc.. and it would be nice to be able to see what the next track is going to be so i can change it without annoying the passengers in my car!

Does no-one else think this is a good idea?

Richie

#156290 - 26/04/2003 21:14 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: RichieC]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I'm not quite sure what you're asking for. They made the Now and Next screen precisely for this purpose. So why don't you want to use that screen?

#156291 - 27/04/2003 07:07 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: tfabris]
RichieC
new poster

They made the Now and Next screen precisely for this purpose. So why don't you want to use that screen?

The reason i dont really use the now and next screen is that it only shows the song title (not the artist), and if you've got several songs with the same name, or even some that you dont recognise, it makes it difficult to work out what they are sometimes...

Also, i leave my player on the Track Screen most of the time and find it a bit of a pain to switch to "now and next" and back to "track" (especially while driving). If the next track (title&artist) were displayed on the track screen it would a simple 1 button operation to change the next track...

I know it's petty, i just think it would make life a little eaiser!

Richie

#156292 - 27/04/2003 07:55 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: RichieC]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Seems to me as though this should be fairly easy to implement in Hijack?

Not that I can see - AFAIK, hijack's visibility is limited to the playing mp3. The only way that I could see to get the next track info into hijack would be to screen scrape the Now&Next screen anyway, which would be rather self-defeating.
However, that being said, if I am wrong and that information is available then the easiest way to implement the info screen that you want is going to be via emphatics custom info mode.
Otherwise I think that you're out of luck - I can't honestly see the demand for this being enough to prioritise it in the next release. But then again, the empeg team sometimes surprise us all

#156293 - 27/04/2003 07:59 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: genixia]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Hijack can read the playlist just as easily as any other app can. The location and layout are documented elsewhere on this BBS.

But isn't this really a job for Emphatic or something?

#156294 - 27/04/2003 09:15 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: mlord]
RichieC
new poster

I didnt mean to imply that it should be done in hijack, whatever is the best way to do i guess.. i just thought that as the playlist info must be available (as its used in the now&next screen) that it shouldn't be that difficult to display it on another screen (although i am guessing here, so forgive me if i'm wrong!)

the easiest way to implement the info screen that you want is going to be via emphatics custom info mode.

I hadn't thought of emphatic to be honest - i have never installed it!! .. but i will now..
What fields does emphatics custom info mode have access to? next track? etc..

Richie

#156295 - 27/04/2003 09:23 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: RichieC]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
What fields does emphatics custom info mode have access to? next track? etc..
Not yet. But if Mark shows Ynot how to do it, I'm sure it will be made available soon.

#156296 - 27/04/2003 10:08 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: tfabris]
RichieC
new poster

Not yet. But if Mark shows Ynot how to do it, I'm sure it will be made available soon.

Cool!.. lets hope so!

Keep up the good work guys!

Richie

#156297 - 27/04/2003 17:54 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: tfabris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Not yet. But if Mark shows Ynot how to do it, I'm sure it will be made available soon
Mark already gave me some starting points, and I figured it all out a month or two ago. Custom now and next is a feature I've been thinking about since before I released v1.10, but school got in the way, so it got "descoped." Expect it in a future release.

#156298 - 27/04/2003 20:44 Re: Next track display in Track View [Re: tonyc]
kswish0
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
Expect it in a future release
woot!