Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#157462 - 28/04/2003 00:00 Customize order of root menu...
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Hi, this just occurred to me as I was setting a bookmark, and after a cursory glance through here, I haven't seen it mentioned already. I'd like to be able to customize the order of the root menu, so that the options I use frequently are closer to the root root (Playlists).

For example, the Bookmarks menu option is equidistant from the Playlists option at 6 clicks. The Repeat option is only one click left. Since I never use Repeat, or, when I do, use it from the remote, I'd like to be able to switch the Bookmarks menu with the Repeat menu. Part of the reason I'm not using bookmarks as much as I could is because it's so painful to navigate to them from the menu.

Similarly, since I use the Info menu more than I use the Shuffle menu, I'd like to swap those two positions, as well.

I imagine this shouldn't be too difficult to read out of the config file?

Cheers,

#157463 - 28/04/2003 09:55 Re: Customize order of root menu... [Re: canuckInOR]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is a perfectly valid wish, so by saying this I'm not trying to poo-poo your idea. But in the event that this wish doesn't come true or takes a long time to come true...

Did you know that you can use the number keys on the remote control to jump to a given menu item? For instance, on my player, MENU-7 gets me to bookmarks.

From the front panel, I'm sure there's something you could do in Hijack with IR translations that would accomplish something similar if you wanted...

#157464 - 28/04/2003 10:22 Re: Customize order of root menu... [Re: canuckInOR]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I'd like to second this wish, as I never use the info modes but I use bookmarks all of the time. Also, I never use the remote so Tony's solution doesn't work for me either.

#157465 - 28/04/2003 21:35 Re: Customize order of root menu... [Re: tfabris]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
This is a perfectly valid wish, so by saying this I'm not trying to poo-poo your idea.

No worries, I only get ticked off when a question for information is poo-poo'd for reasons not related to the actual information I was seeking. See? I'm not bitter.

(Actually, the reason I started using bookmarks is because I tucked my [Guitar Tuning] playlist into one of them.)

But in the event that this wish doesn't come true or takes a long time to come true...

Which would not surprise me in the least (only because I know what it's like to be bombarded by feature requests).

Did you know that you can use the number keys on the remote control to jump to a given menu item? For instance, on my player, MENU-7 gets me to bookmarks.

Oooh, no, I didn't know that. Of course, my remote is aaaaalllll the way over by my bed, and the player is just inches away from my keyboard.

Thanks for the tip. I'll have to train myself to bring the remote from beside the bed when I get up in the morning.