Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#159957 - 07/05/2003 21:26 Wireless issues with Rio Receiver
ineedcolor
addict

Loc: Windsor, Ontario Canada
Hello All

Below is a copy of a post that I made tonight on the Rio Receiver/Rio Central BBS with regards to wireless audio streaming. I posted it here as well because I know that there are a number of network experts on board here who may be able to help me out with this problem. It has been a real headache for me to try and solve so far:

"I installed tRio today. I am running WinXP on a Via mini-ITX board with an 800 MHz processor and 256 Mb of RAM in my music server. It's hooked to a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router. My bedroom receiver is hard wired and my living room receiver is linked with a Linksys WET 11. I was using the Rio audio manager v1.4 software and both receivers performed flawlessly through the firewall and with 64 bit WEP enabled.

Today, after setting up and running tRio, I experienced drop-outs in the audio stream in the bedroom and almost no playability in the living room. The problem was even more pronounced when I synchronized the players. They would both start out fine together and within 5 minutes the living room player would stop playing followed soon after by the bedroom player.

I am using static IPs for all of my networked equipment. I disabled DHCP in both the router and my music server. I have all of the latest drivers and software versions installed in my equipment. I tried using the living room player with the firewall software disabled and with WEP disabled, no change. I followed Paul's installation instructions to the letter..."

Thanks for any ideas anyone may have....

#159958 - 07/05/2003 21:34 Re: Wireless issues with Rio Receiver [Re: ineedcolor]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Have you tried changing the channel the wireless gear is using? Maybe someone in your neighborhood has wireless gear (or something else that uses the same unlicensed piece of the spectrum) that is interfeiring. There is something like 12 different chanels you can use, but they all overlab so you will want to increase/decrease by a few channels. This happens to me occasionally in my apartment complex. You should only have to change the channel on the base station, the wet11 should update on its own.

-Mike

#159959 - 08/05/2003 10:08 Re: Wireless issues with Rio Receiver [Re: ineedcolor]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This question is being adequately answered over on the Rio Receiver BBS. I'm locking the thread to make sure that a discussion here doesn't dilute the discussion over on the more appropriate forum.

Edit: Unlocking again at poster's request