Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#161154 - 12/05/2003 16:49 Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack)
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Short story: I'm looking to buy a used/refurbished soda and/or snack vending machine.
Bottom line: Looking for a (surprise) good price.

I'm locacted near Toronto Canada for those that don't know. Before I start out looking locally (pick up yellow pages and look through "vending") I'd like to know a bit more about the machines themselves. Pros/cons between different models in terms of operational/technichal/repair merit, capacities, typical price ranges, etc.

Does anyone on here have any experience with vending machines, apart from being a regular user of their contents? Anyone involved currently in the vending industry? I'm looking to buy the machine(s) for myself (not contract a service agreement with a vendor) - they'll be installed at my parents' cottage resort (so I don't need a fleet of machines).

Likewise, if anyone has a fairly recent-model Coke machine for sale, let me know.

Bruno

#161155 - 12/05/2003 17:31 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: hybrid8]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

Now, there is a request you do not see every day...

#161156 - 12/05/2003 18:18 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: hybrid8]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I don't have any information, unfortunately, but I just thought I'd make clear that you're looking for one for actual vending use, and not to disable the coin mechanism to have a beverage refrigerator in your house, right? ('Cause I've always wanted one of these.)

#161157 - 12/05/2003 21:00 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: wfaulk]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ya, I'd actually like to put it to use, so a working coin mechanism is a must - preferrably with the ability to reconfigure for multiple price capability. Not to mention the ability to detect/accept Canadian coins (we use both a $1 and $2 coin). Being ale to dispense both cans and bottles in a single configuration would also be very important (water bottles).

Those old Coke machines (Cavalier model) are hard to come by. If they're an original red+white (as opposed to one repainted with both colours) then they're very rare. Found a site last week belonging to some Coke collector documenting his.

Bruno

#161158 - 13/05/2003 00:13 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: hybrid8]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Sorry, but I don't remember seeing many machines that can dispense both cans and bottles. Where have you seen these?

#161159 - 13/05/2003 02:25 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: Dignan]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Well, two things to check...

You could always search for vending machines on ebay. I am sure you will find something.

Another possibility is to contact the distributers to see if there are any old machines they have or want to sell. Similar to what they recommend in the arcade auction and purchasing FAQs. Many of the same principles apply. Here is a Google search that may help a little. Also, Happ Controls, the same folks who make the video game / MAME parts discussed elsewhere also make the parts for the vending machines, and sell complete machines (retail price, though).

Hope this helps a bit.

#161160 - 13/05/2003 07:47 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: Dignan]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
CocaCola vending machines here in Croatia all dispense both cans and bottles, but the later are 0.5 liter plastic ones. One can usually choose between regular and light Coke, several flavors of Fanta and orange juice (I forgot the name).

More to the topic, I don't how to obtain one.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue

#161161 - 13/05/2003 08:02 Re: Looking for Vending Machine (Soda and/or Snack) [Re: hybrid8]
robricc
carpal tunnel

You probably live in an urban area, but around here it's not too uncommon to see a decrepit soda machine around auto service shops and hardware stores. I can't imagine the machines get much business if they even work at all (most look like they don't). It would probably be easy to get one of those for little or no money.

I think ebay is your best shot though.