Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#16319 - 01/09/2000 00:05 Ok. so maybe I'm dumb, but... (emptool problems)
carlalex
new poster

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Once upon a time I could move things around within a playlist with an emptool command like this:
   move <track fid> ^#<pos>

Which would take the track specified by <track fid> and place it in the <pos> position within the current playlist. This was very handy for scripting since I could batch upload mp3 files from my archive, and then re-order them based on a separate playlist DB I keep.

How can I do this with the 1.0 version of emptool? Despite what the man page says, I cannot figure out a combination of ^ and #<pos> that doesn't blow up.

Thanks.

#16320 - 01/09/2000 03:03 Re: Ok. so maybe I'm dumb, but... (emptool problems) [Re: carlalex]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Once upon a time I could move things around within a playlist with an emptool command like this:

move ^#

Which would take the track specified by and place it in the position within the current playlist. This was very handy for scripting since I could batch upload mp3 files from my archive, and then re-order them based on a separate playlist DB I keep.

How can I do this with the 1.0 version of emptool? Despite what the man page says, I cannot figure out a combination of ^ and # that doesn't blow up.

Ulp, emptool seems to have completely lost that feature (the character "^" doesn't even appear in the current sources). You could try uploading into a different playlist, and then moving the files one by one into the right playlist in the right order.

Peter