Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#165098 - 11/06/2003 09:18 Re: Various TV stuff [Re: JBjorgen]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Comcast Digital carries BBC America. My inlaws have it and watch it quite a bit. I refuse to be raped for the extra $7/month to go digital - A lot of BBCA stuff seems to end up on one pf the analog PBS stations anyway.

#165099 - 11/06/2003 13:49 Re: Various TV stuff [Re: David]
Anonymous
Unregistered

My local cable provider doesn't include the BBC. But I have seen the BBC morning show aired live on C-SPAN late at night after a major world event. For example, at 1 or 2 am on Sept 12, 2001, C-SPAN played a live feed of the BBC, which included some chinese chick who would read the headlines, and I found it mildly amusing how she would say "President Boosh".

By the way, C-SPAN is a government channel with no commercials. They also have C-SPAN 2. They mostly play press conferences and live feeds of the Senate and House of Reps.

I would be interested in watching the BBC if I could, if just out of curiousity. But I would want to see the real BBC with british accents and all, not some americanized version.

#165100 - 11/06/2003 14:07 Re: Various TV stuff [Re: ]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
All BBC America shows are British shows, and the announcers are all British as well. It's just not the same exact programming they show in the UK. I suppose that commercials are American, but I've barely watched a commercial since getting a TiVo, so I couldn't tell you for sure.

In fact, a quick scan of the real BBC schedules shows quite a few American shows, so you're probably more likely to hear an American accent on the real BBC than on BBC America.

Edited by wfaulk (11/06/2003 14:09)

#165101 - 16/06/2003 22:13 Re: Various TV stuff [Re: wfaulk]
gbeer
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manteca, California
Broadcast TV is just not what it used to be. Most of the shows and movies that were the time fillers used by local stations have been raked off by channels found only on cable and sattelite.

Instead of finding an old movie, I'm now seeing infomercials. For crying out loud, this is happening on big network affiliates, in daylight no less. The only place you used to see RonCo and Popeal was in the snowy UHF waste land alongside the Bay City Bombers. That only happened late at nite.

Glenn

BTW - I too like Keen Eddie. LMAO

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2