Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#16549 - 02/09/2000 19:42 emplode lockup during sync'ing
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
After uploading many songs for a couple weeks, I am running into a problem with emplode locking up during sync'ing using USB. I have been able to get all but one song uploaded since this problem started with several restarts, reboots, sync'ing and re-sync'ing, but on one track it hangs near the end when I try to upload that last song. The song plays perfectly fine on my mp3 player on the computer, so I don't think it's the file (or fail to see how file corruption can be the problem.)
It all seemed to start after I bought a 4 port USB hub then went on vacation. When I got back my computer was locked up and I had several lock-ups until I disconnected the hub and plugged empeg-car back into the computer directly. The computer works fine now unless emplode hangs the whole system, but that's about every 1 in 5 times that emplode locks up and I need to reboot instead of just restarting emplode, then syncing again.
Would re-installing emplode solve this? Is this the first step to a fix? I've got 10 more gig to go and it's painful at this time...

Dave Clark Austin, Texas, USA
#7901 12g amber rocking a 98 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4

#16550 - 02/09/2000 19:53 Re: emplode lockup during sync'ing [Re: davec]
Liufeng

Loc: Alaska
Wow! You left your computer running while you were away on vacation? Don't you worry about the heat death of the universe? I do. I always turn everything off whenever I leave.

Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a

#16551 - 02/09/2000 20:27 Re: emplode lockup during sync'ing [Re: Liufeng]
davec
old hand

Loc: Georgetown, TX USA
My comp runs 24/7 on a DSL line downloading email all the time so I can come home and delete delete delete all the spam... Maybe that's why it was 109 in Austin today, my computer is contributing to the global warming... ;O)
I noticed another thread about emplode locking up, mine will lock up on a song at random, currently can't upload Deep Purple _Wasted Sunsets_ and it never recovers. I'm going to try turning on logging and see what it says after I rip some more mp3s...

Dave Clark Austin, Texas, USA
#7901 12g amber rocking a 98 Dodge Quad Cab 4x4

#16552 - 03/09/2000 22:38 Re: emplode lockup during sync'ing [Re: davec]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I noticed another thread about emplode locking up,

That was this thread, right?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"