Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#184342 - 12/10/2003 22:43 Wishlist: Tweak Order
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Okay, the automated playback options on the Karma are awesome. But I REALLY miss the manual "tweak order" functions of the empeg. Most of the time I don't know in advance if I wanna listen to a time-based shuffle, an artist-based shuffle, or any of the other Rio DJ options... My normal listening habit is "Down Down Down" (all tracks), wait for a song that suits my mood, and tweak according to that song. I will TRY to embrace the Karma's new charms and learn new and exciting ways to listen to my music, but I think the "tweak" functions would be very welcome on this unit.

#184343 - 13/10/2003 11:14 Re: Wishlist: Tweak Order [Re: tonyc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You already know this, and I know this isn't what you're asking for, but... When you're in the Now Playing screen (the one that's like "now and next" on the Empeg), press the wheel in. You'll get a menu that lets you insert tunes and such. Okay, with that said...

To me, that seems to me to be the proper place to add the tweak order functionality. There's a couple ways you could go about it. You could add a tweak menu to that menu, or (I think one of the Cambridge guys suggested this), when you select "Insert/Artist", it could default to the currently selected artist instead of at the top of the tree.