Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#184412 - 13/10/2003 19:01 One complete, and one in progress...
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Some more things to fill up your hard disk with...

People who like hard techno and industrial will enjoy PaulWay Mix 15: Machine Insanity. It's a hard, growling thing with tracks from X-Dream, Pablo Gargano, beXta and Experimental Fluxtuation. It goes for about 74 minutes and the download is about 67.4MB.

Those looking for a bit lighter trip more in the nature of the original Infinity Mix can have a listen to the start of PaulWay Mix 16: Millenium Three - so far so good (the working title). This is a compilation taken from all my stuff from after 2000, and starts with some classic relaxing sounds from The Chab, B(if)tek and Quench before moving into the more classic Prog Trance sound with Art Of Trance, Schiller and Rah. So far it's about 113.7MB in size and goes for about 2 hours or so. There's a bad crossfade near the end that people can comfortably assume will be fixed by the time the real thing comes out.

Props, flames, pieces of string, etc. can be [[email protected]]sent to me at home[/mailto]. The rest of the mixes can be downloaded courtesy of Synergy.

Have fun,

Paul

#184413 - 13/10/2003 19:07 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: PaulWay]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Cool, I've been jonesing for some industrial!

Any place to find descriptions of your other mixes?

EDIT: When did I go Carpal Tunnel? Should I contact my doctor?

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (13/10/2003 19:09)

#184414 - 13/10/2003 19:33 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
PaulWay
addict

Any place to find descriptions of your other mixes?

All the descriptions and track listings should be linked to from the main site on paulway.d0gz.net - just follow the link marked 'Track List'

At some time in the future I'll both tidy up the list and add the new mix details in. There's also another mix (PaulWay Mix 14: Hyperdog Mix 1) uploaded that I'll link to as soon as my round tuit arrives.

Have fun,

Paul

#184415 - 13/10/2003 19:41 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: PaulWay]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Paul, you freakin' rock. Your other mixes never get old, but the new ones come in perfect time, as I'm going to be on a few long flights over the next couple weeks. Nothing like flying across the beautiful countryside and listening to the Infinity or Laidoutback mixes... Can't wait to hear these.

#184416 - 13/10/2003 23:55 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: tonyc]
PaulWay
addict

Thanks Tony - glad you like them! It's comments like this that keep me mixing!

Hey, do you think it would be possible to put the track listing into the lyrics format for your lyrics viewer, so that as the track progressed you actually got information about what track you were listening to? I could also put in some compilation notes and easter eggs as well... Does the lyrics viewer allow you to keep a line scrolling on the screen for a long time?

A general question: would people like to download ISO images of those mixes that are available in CD format? Or can you live with just the one track on a file? Or do people actually hand slice it (in Nero I know you can do this - I can probably supply files for this too)?

Enjoy,

Paul

#184417 - 14/10/2003 00:19 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: PaulWay]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i for one would like either imaged mixes or some sort of wrapper (.zip .rar something) for the simple reason that i dont often sit down to listen to an hours worth of music at any given time. that way i can listen to it much as a real album and also add it to playlists of my own, just grabbing bits from it. meaning separate tracks.

if that makes sense....

#184418 - 14/10/2003 08:01 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: PaulWay]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Hey, do you think it would be possible to put the track listing into the lyrics format for your lyrics viewer, so that as the track progressed you actually got information about what track you were listening to? I could also put in some compilation notes and easter eggs as well... Does the lyrics viewer allow you to keep a line scrolling on the screen for a long time?
Damn you. I *totally* had this exact thought last night whilst downloading your newer mixes. But I didn't want to say anything because I thought it'd be a neat surprise if I actually ever got it working.

As it is now, the lyrics code in emphatic has a "minimum speed" that things need to scroll. If there are several minutes between consecutive timestamps, the first line will have scrolled off screen long before the second line scrolls in. This is not what we would want for mixes. It turns out that the lyrics field is probably the best place to put this info, but the horizontal scrolling fashion might be a bit limiting for this particular application. I have something else in mind for how this might look, but I'm not going to say much right now, because I have about a dozen other things I said I'd do but haven't done yet.

But at the minimum, I could remove the rather arbitrary lower bounds on scrolling, so if you did embed mix info in the lyrics frame, it'd show up and scroll v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. Might look kinda funny but it'd get the job done.

In response to your question, I prefer the mixes as one big long file. I don't split them up.

#184419 - 14/10/2003 08:28 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: tonyc]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'm sure it's already occurred to you, but I thought I'd point out that there is a content type within the SYLT frame that might be used to good advantage here, maybe even implicitly specifying to the lyrics viewer to display the text in a different manner.

#184420 - 14/10/2003 09:33 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: wfaulk]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

I'm sure it's already occurred to you, but I thought I'd point out that there is a content type within the SYLT frame that might be used to good advantage here, maybe even implicitly specifying to the lyrics viewer to display the text in a different manner.
It sure has, but I left out the boring technical details because we're in Off Topic and not Programming.

#184421 - 14/10/2003 11:00 Re: One complete, and one in progress... [Re: tonyc]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US