Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#184533 - 14/10/2003 18:36 Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded
Mach
old hand

Loc: Texas, USA
I'm wrapping up my foray into the lens business. It was fun while it lasted but my non-bbs life calls. In order to ensure that the lenses keep on coming, the gentleman who was cutting the lenses has agreed to continue to make them for the BBS.

He goes by the apt bbs name of Laserbeam. He's got some great ideas for new twists on lenses which I'll leave for him to discuss. I will say that lenses with the larger knob hole for the illumination kits will be available.

You can order the lenses from now on from www.filener.com/empeg Please also check out his website at www.filener.com if you need some specialty work done.

Many thanks to all that ordered. For those who have ordered but were on hold waiting for the lens revisions, your order should go out shortly.

[edit to fix link]

Edited by Mach (14/10/2003 23:23)

#184534 - 14/10/2003 21:52 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: Mach]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Fixed Link. (No period.)

#184535 - 15/10/2003 10:30 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: Mach]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
BBS header and lens compare page updated.

#184536 - 15/10/2003 11:04 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: tfabris]
ellweber

Loc: Saratoga, CA, USA
Thanks for updating the header. I have just ordered lenses from Filener Laser and am looking forward to finally receiving some new lenses.

I have also ordered a lens from DarkStorm on April 2 of this year and have had no response from Steve since he acknowledged receipt of my payment. I am writing that off as a charitable contribution. I think that a brief note from Steve is a reasonable expectation but I have not receved so much as an "I'm sorry for the delay." Perhaps he would like to copy the following and send it out to his other unfilled orders:

"Sorry for the delay in filling your order. I have been having personal issues that have prevented me from completing your lense order. I am unable to refund your money at this time but will try to do so as soon as I am able."

Any resonable person has the right to expect this kind of response after placing an order and sending money, whether to an established business or a private individual.

I don't mean to open old wounds but this has gone on for a long time. Just my $0.02!

Lynn

#184537 - 15/10/2003 14:07 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: ellweber]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
You're probably going to be lynched for typing that.

#184538 - 15/10/2003 18:31 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: ellweber]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
have also ordered a lens from DarkStorm on April 2 of this year and have had no response from Steve since he acknowledged receipt of my payment.

Heeeyyy!....get in line....I placed my order in January and haven't heard anything in 6months or so ... I agree with you though, enough is enough.... I'm in for the utility box and two lenses. I guess I'll send an email asking for a refund.

#184539 - 15/10/2003 18:42 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
You're probably going to be lynched for typing that.
valid complaints shouldn't receive lynchings =]

#184540 - 19/10/2003 15:57 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: ellweber]
elvis
enthusiast

Loc: Arizona USA
DIdn't he put up an apology post to the entire group? I believe it went something like..

I was walking down the road and stepped on a land mine. As soon as the vats grow me some new organs and limbs, I'll fill everyone's orders.

Thank you for your patience.

#184541 - 19/10/2003 18:19 Re: Laser Cut Lenses...Reloaded [Re: elvis]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
<not being belligerent, just stating what I think>

Actually, wasn't it something more like:

"Hey, something really bad has happened to me so could you all please cut me some slack until I can make it up to you because hey, everyone in this community knows I'm good for it."

I don't think there's much to worry about. Because hey, how MUCH money does he have of yours anyway? I mean, you all have expensive empegs. Is it hurting THAT much to have $20 or $40 tied up for months (up to a year)?

#184542 - 19/10/2003 23:02 This is not about money! [Re: FireFox31]
ellweber

Loc: Saratoga, CA, USA
What is missing is not money.

We are all entitled to the common courtesy of a direct explanation for why what we have already paid for has not been delivered. Also, a reasonable estimate in good faith of what we can expect is in order.

Six months and longer is a long time to go with out some dialog. The only response I have seen has been an angry retort, in this forum, to previous inquiries about "where is my order, has anyone else heard about theirs?"

We all have problems in our lives from time to time, some more serious than others. None are a valid excuse for laying low and ignoring our obligations. Courtesy is just as universal as compassion.