Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#185051 - 16/10/2003 21:09 Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ??
belezeebub
addict

Found this while clicking random Sites on a car pc search looks cool anyone seen one or have one ?

http://www.xenarc.com/product/cp1000.html

This In-Dash, In-Vehicle Personal Computer opens up the world of in-vehicle entertainment! Couple this In-Dash multimedia PC with our fully-motorized In-Dash Touchscreen Computer Monitor (To be released soon), you got yourself a system that is capable of GPS navigation, MP3 playback, in-car theater, in-car gaming, and in-car office. This PC even has two PCMCIA sockets good for wireless communication. Our Carputer (Car Computer) is a full-featured PC that fits conventional car stereo one-DIN slot in the vehicle which gives you a clean installation and factory look.

Please also take a look at our other Car PC, the very popular 12V DC powered MP-SC1.

______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#185052 - 18/10/2003 09:37 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: belezeebub]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

There was a post on this some time back, but I'm too lazy to search for it.

#185053 - 22/10/2003 11:57 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: belezeebub]
ashmoore
addict

Loc: TX
except they have discontinued this one!
This was right down at the bottom of the page.
This product has been temporarily discontinued. We are currently working on a version with faster processor speed, possibly Pentium 3 based platform so that it would support Windows XP. Please check back with us in a couple of months for more information. Mean while, please take a look at our new Pentium 3 based MP-SC1 12V DC Carputer

#185054 - 22/10/2003 13:20 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: ashmoore]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
maybe someone should suggest linux to them

#185055 - 22/10/2003 20:50 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: belezeebub]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
Bar bones it's $350. You could get an empeg after outfitting it with CPU, memory etc.. If I were without an empeg a would probably go with one of these- pretty cool little device...or if I wanted an actual computer I'd get a Mini-ITX box with a DC-DC power supply.

#185056 - 27/10/2003 08:53 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: siberia37]
belezeebub
addict

Dang your people are never at a loss for links to cool gismos,
let me throw you all a curveball

I don't have room for a SECOND DIn in my car anyone got a link to a MP3 player with video output ?? or anyone seen a video output mod for the mp3 box in this link ?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#185057 - 27/10/2003 13:15 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: belezeebub]
siberia37
old hand

Loc: Tacoma,WA
If your only requirement is an MP3 player with video output when not get a DVD player with MP3 playback and use that? An example would be like the Apex AD660 and similar models. Just wire one of those up to a 40-watt inverter and you got yourself a MP3/DVD player with video output for $60. Interface isn't the best obviously but you could find creative ways to mount the remote.

#185058 - 27/10/2003 17:15 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: siberia37]
belezeebub
addict

My cd changer supports id3 tags and holds 6 disks the issue is I have of about 80Gigs of mp3's I would like to carry with me, I could scale that down to maybe 30gig if I had to

#185059 - 29/10/2003 14:50 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: siberia37]
lopan
old hand

Loc: Manassas VA
If your only requirement is an MP3 player with video output when not get a DVD player with MP3 playback and use that?

Or you could just buy a Pioneer DVH-P5000MP.

Crutchfields price is high, you can find them online for around 400.... MP3, DVD head unit with 2 video outs so you can have to monitors running off of it...

#185060 - 30/10/2003 21:40 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: lopan]
belezeebub
addict

Not to sound like an A-hole but I have had one hell of a week. let me explain AGAIN I DON"T HAVE ROOM for a second Din sized head unit and I already have a 6 disk mp3 changer I want to take At least 30 Gig of mp3's with me so please everyone STOP suggest I get a mp3 cd player I need a hard drive unit.

#185061 - 30/10/2003 23:01 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: belezeebub]
lopan
old hand

Loc: Manassas VA
Technically it's not a cd solution it's a DVD solution that could hold 4.7 gigs per disk... cutting the amount you carry drastically, it'd pretty much be the entire contents of your 6 disk changer on one DVD. But I get your point, empeg, music keg, dension, or a neo are the only other hd units out there that I know of. Pioneer has some but from what i understand they really bite the big one.

#185062 - 31/10/2003 21:35 Re: Hummm this is cool looking anyone seen one ?? [Re: lopan]
belezeebub
addict

Accoring to Pioneer's customer support line it only plays mp3's from a cd (just like all the other ones Other wise I could have gotten Alpines dvd changer and been good to go)