Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#188510 - 07/11/2003 02:47 RMM won't play from Windows Rights Manager v7
adavidw
addict

Loc: Utah, USA
I just picked up a Karma today. I had planned on waiting for the 40, but got tired of waiting and decided to go ahead and try it out in its current form.

One thing I noticed immediately is that the couple of Windows Media files that I've purchased online won't play in Rio Music Manager. Trying it pops up a web page that says one needs to get a player that supports Windows Rights Manager V7. Evidently this means that the software doesn't understand the newer license issued by this newer Windows Rights Manager.

The files work fine on the Karma itself. So, I'm wondering... Is this a known problem, or have I got something screwed up on my system? Assuming it does happen to everyone, are there any plans to fix it? It's kind of hard to preview a file if the player won't actually play it.

-Aaron

#188511 - 07/11/2003 06:07 Re: RMM won't play from Windows Rights Manager v7 [Re: adavidw]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
RMM 2 uses WMP 6 as its WMA player engine, as this is the only version we can be guaranteed to find on systems as far back as Windows 98SE (which unfortunately we have to support). We are updating this for a future release, either by making WMP9 a requirement (which would probably require a redistribution deal with MS) or by detecting what is installed and trimming the featureset to match.

Rob