Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#189895 - 21/11/2003 02:11 Re: The Meatrix [Re: Roger]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
And I'm not eating it unless they can make it the same taste and texture as a good steak.

Aside from the fact that I happen to have an almost fetish-like love for tofu, I agree with you. But, I have to give my standard response to this;

Given the retardation the American government has been shown to be capable of (*cough* DMCA *cough*), I fear when the time comes it won't be a matter of us choosing to eat it....

<frighteningly believeable headline> Real Meat Illegal! America Thrillled To Grill Krill So Cows Don't Get Killed.. </frighteningly believeable headline>

Ok, maybe it's a bit long to be totally believeable, but....

#189896 - 21/11/2003 19:19 The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: djc]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
In the "mocking PETA" corner, we had a recent hepatitis A scare at a Chi-Chi's. The recent turns indicate a tainted batch of green onions was the culprit. There have been the predictable food safety stories in the media.

So one of the local sheep wrote a letter to the editor today about how meat is dangerous.

Color me entirely not shocked that they take another catastrophe and pervert it to beat the drum for their cause.

I wonder if PETA will become an organization worthy of respect in my lifetime.

#189897 - 21/11/2003 19:37 Re: The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: Daria]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
Eh. I guess that's unfair of me. Not all PETA members are sheep, any more than all meat eaters are. And I don't particularly hate them for it above my base level of hatred for humanity, either.

#189898 - 24/11/2003 10:54 Re: The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: Daria]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
... above my base level of hatred for humanity....
LOL

#189899 - 24/11/2003 23:39 Re: The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: Daria]
webroach
old hand

I don't hate PETA specifically. Nor do I hate vegetarians (though I have been known to mention that "salad is what food eats").

However, if you look at evolution (and general zoology) you'll find that vegetarian animals all have enormous "guts" compared to meat-eaters; they need it to be able to digest all the plant matter. By eating meat (as a species) we were able to make a trade: lose the big gut, freeing up the energy for a....

That's right folks, a BIG BRAIN.

Just think; a few more generations of "grazers" and who knows what they'll look like.

<shrug> Hey, I didn't make the rule, I just eat meat to stay on the predator side of it... </shrug>

#189900 - 25/11/2003 17:34 Re: The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: webroach]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
Great! Now the PETA people will start throwing bloody HUMAN BRAINS at us as we exit McDonalds....

#189901 - 26/11/2003 01:49 Re: The joke that is PETA (was Re: The Meatrix) [Re: DLF]
webroach
old hand

Great! Now the PETA people will start throwing bloody HUMAN BRAINS at us as we exit McDonalds....

<HOMER VOICE> Mmmmm, brains...... </HOMER VIOCE>

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2