Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#191655 - 03/12/2003 12:12 Peugeot 206 RC
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
So, tomorrow I'm picking up my new car; as the subject says a Peugeot 206 RC (silver metallic).
A minor upgrade of an additional 105 hp from my, very similarly sized, VW Polo (which IMO isn't dog slow @ 75 hp...)

Anyone on the board with Peugeot experinces? (apart from eslange who I talked to in this thread, but seems to have dropped off the board as I've tried both PM and mail to check on his progress). I've found stalk adaptors for earlier year models, but will have to confirm with the shops if it'll still work with an '04. Mainly looking for tips and tricks, known problem areas etc in regards to stuffing the empeg into it...

/Michael

Attachments
190623-Pug206RC.jpg (4944 downloads)

#191656 - 02/02/2004 04:23 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: mtempsch]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
I'm still kicking and alive
PM? I've seen anything in my box. What address have you used?

Has indeed be a long time silent around me here, but we've had a hard time here at work and after that I fled to Australia to enjoy some long long timeout over there...
Just arived back in this cold & wet country (NL) last Saturday.

Regarding interfacing...
The stalking interface should indeed be the same as far I heard too from others.
BUT... I still want to be able to connect my empeg to the central dashboard display in the car. Still trying to get specification about that.

BTW...
Very nice car that RC-version. Don;t you think you've enough horsepower now for such lightweight car?

Cheers,

Eize

#191657 - 02/02/2004 13:22 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: eslange]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Definately PM'ed you here - don't recall which email addy I used, probably the one listed in your profile....

Anyways, most of the stereo stuff is in place, no major problems - need to get the front speakers in as well as dampening the doors. Also planning on getting rid of most/all of the orange stuff (dash light, button illumination etc) in favor of blue... Filter material is on the way from robricc.

There's an adaptor available for both stalk and display for Sonys, so one option would be to find the spec for how the Sony stereos send the info (instead of how the Pug wants it), and then build a circuit that reads from the serial line and talks Sony to the adapter that then talks to the display... Haven't yet gotten an adapter though.

As to the horsepower issue... Yeah, with 180 ponies and 1100kg it moves pretty darn good
But there's a rumour in the Pug forum on the MotorTalk.de BBS that some tuning company is bringing out a kit this spring that'll raise it to ~220-225... not sure if I'll go for it though.
I'm currently considering adjustable shocks&springs, because it stands pretty high as it is. But it'll have to wait until spring when I get the summer wheels on.

/Michael

#191658 - 03/02/2004 02:52 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: mtempsch]
_hardcore_

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
As to the horsepower issue... Yeah, with 180 ponies and 1100kg it moves pretty darn good
But there's a rumour in the Pug forum on the MotorTalk.de BBS that some tuning company is bringing out a kit this spring that'll raise it to ~220-225... not sure if I'll go for it though.
I'm currently considering adjustable shocks&springs, because it stands pretty high as it is. But it'll have to wait until spring when I get the summer wheels on.

You being swedish, you should be able to read the Danish Peugeot forums, where there is a lot of information about tuning the engine of the 206. Check www.hi-speed.dk and www.pugs.dk - I know that the 206 GTI has proven to be VERY hard to gain extra power in. Various things has been tried, but without any particular luck.

Cheers

Kaare

#191659 - 03/02/2004 08:20 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: mtempsch]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Sweet ride!

#191660 - 03/02/2004 14:09 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: _hardcore_]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Thanks for the links to the Danish sites; will check them out.

I'm in no hurry to get more power, so I'll let others evaluate any kit that might appear before deciding

/Michael

#191661 - 08/02/2004 06:45 Re: Peugeot 206 RC [Re: mtempsch]
_hardcore_

Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
I'm in no hurry to get more power, so I'll let others evaluate any kit that might appear before deciding

I think a lot of people were disapointed with the standard 136hp that the GTI comes with, even though most standard GTIs yield about 140-145hp, once they're equiped with a KN airfilter and a blanket to protect from the engine heat. But check out the forums, and you'll see for your self what has been tried.

Cheers

Kaare