Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#192186 - 06/12/2003 16:48 Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs documented?
MiloDC
journeyman

RMM is misreading some of my ID3v2 tags (they're read just fine by WinAmp and emplode).

Furthermore, I can't even update the properties of some files in RMM, because it somehow detects these files as being read-only, when they clearly aren't (checking file properties in Windows Explorer).

Just wanted to be sure that the powers that be know of these issues. Good software, overall.

#192187 - 06/12/2003 16:56 Re: Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs documen [Re: MiloDC]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
RMM is misreading some of my ID3v2 tags (they're read just fine by WinAmp and emplode).
Misreading in what way? Are the tags Unicode?

Furthermore, I can't even update the properties of some files in RMM, because it somehow detects these files as being read-only, when they clearly aren't (checking file properties in Windows Explorer).
You also get this error if the file is open in another application -- for instance, the preview thing in Explorer in Windows XP, or even RMM's own MP3 playback window. The error message should be more helpful really.

Peter

#192188 - 06/12/2003 17:11 Re: Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs documen [Re: peter]
MiloDC
journeyman

RMM is misreading some of my ID3v2 tags (they're read just fine by Winamp and emplode).
Misreading in what way? Are the tags Unicode?
Looks like RMM had ignored the ID3v2 information entirely. It used the filename for the track name on one file, and left all other fields blank. I don't know whether the fields were in Unicode; I'd filled them in them in Winamp for that particular file.
You also get this error if the file is open in another application -- for instance, the preview thing in Explorer in Windows XP, or even RMM's own MP3 playback window. The error message should be more helpful really.
Odd. At the same time I was updating tag info for some files whose artists had been detected as "None," I was running Winamp, which had all of my music in its playlist. Of all the tracks I was updating, none of them played the whole time I was updating info in RMM, but one of them got detected as read-only.

#192189 - 06/12/2003 20:39 Re: Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs documen [Re: MiloDC]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Looks like RMM had ignored the ID3v2 information entirely.
Question... Does Emplode have the same problem on the same files?

I'm trying to see if you're running into some variant of this bug.

Make sure to save a copy of the file that's giving you trouble, the Cambridge guys might want a copy of it for analysis.

#192190 - 06/12/2003 21:18 Re: Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs documen [Re: tfabris]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
Also, I'd be curious to hear if Rio Music Manager Lite has the problem ...

#192191 - 07/12/2003 16:14 Re: Rio Music Manager ID3 & read-only bugs doc. [Re: tfabris]
MiloDC
journeyman

Question... Does Emplode have the same problem on the same files?

I'm trying to see if you're running into some variant of this bug.

Make sure to save a copy of the file that's giving you trouble, the Cambridge guys might want a copy of it for analysis.

As I said, the files are read properly in emplode.