Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#196190 - 06/01/2004 16:21 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: wfaulk]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i kinda judge it by this. would my mother be proud to hear me saying these things?
not that all mothers are prime examples of how to live a life. but i think mine has done a good job (would i insert 'of', 'in' or 'at' here?) instilling moral values in me that i can be proud of.

#196191 - 06/01/2004 16:25 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: RobotCaleb]
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
(would i insert 'of', 'in' or 'at' here?)

I think it would be 'of' and you would need a comma after life, not a period.

#196192 - 06/01/2004 16:25 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

fuck, shit, ass, bitch, cunt, piss, crap, whore, dammit.

is anyone offended by that?

#196193 - 06/01/2004 16:33 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
George Carlin, maybe.

#196194 - 06/01/2004 16:35 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
lastdan
enthusiast

Loc: santa cruz,ca
cretin.

look it up.

#196195 - 06/01/2004 16:39 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
[censored], [censored], ass, bitch, cunt, piss, crap, whore, dammit.

is anyone offended by that?

I know that you know the difference between those words and "sandnigger"

Like I said before, you're a smart guy. I just really wish that you would put away the inflamitory stuff in favor of the funny and more intelligent ways that you can incite an argument.

#196196 - 06/01/2004 16:43 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
visuvius
addict

what a worthless human being you are. a serious waste of life. the world would be a better place with, and people like you gone. i truly believe it would.

#196197 - 06/01/2004 17:56 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ithoughti]
ninti
old hand

Loc: Los Angeles
I have said it before; he sounds like he has serious mental problems. He has shown obvious signs of both paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Paranoid delusions, extreme mood swings, periods of hyperactivity and depression and periods of relative normalcy, a grandiose sense of identity, pugnacious behaviour, lack of good judgement and empathy and understanding of others. And this is just what we have seen here, I would hate to be in the same house/workplace with him. He is young yet, most mental disorders only get worse with age if left untreated.

#196198 - 06/01/2004 18:17 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: tonyc]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Hmmm, as of right now and according to the two poles we have more Republicans (19) on this board than Democrats (18)! Somehow I don't believe it . . .

#196199 - 06/01/2004 20:31 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: JeffS]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
Hmmm, as of right now and according to the two poles we have more Republicans (19) on this board than Democrats (18)! Somehow I don't believe it . . .

The funny thing is Al Sharpton currently has as many votes on the Democrat thread as Howard Dean

#196200 - 06/01/2004 21:34 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
Heather
addict

Loc: NY
I am going to enlist,

When? After it is all said and done?

skank

Aww. Widdle Paulie harbors some resentment towards those of us who can get laid without resorting to relatives, livestock, or cash payments.

If you're going to flame someone, please be a bit more creative next time.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony

#196201 - 06/01/2004 23:17 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: Heather]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You're getting closer, but still not offended! thanks for trying though.

When?
Why are you so interested?

#196202 - 07/01/2004 00:23 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
what a worthless human being you are. a serious waste of life

I'm repulsed by people who act like this in my own daily life, but he's just a troll. Nothing more, nothing less.

That said, I had no problem whatsoever while he was being cool (he had a pretty long streak going there).

But on a personal note, I agree Heather. My SO is from the general region in question, so it doesn't please me to hear that kind of talk either.

#196203 - 07/01/2004 02:18 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ninti]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
I have said it before; he sounds like he has serious mental problems.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here (maybe literally?) and suggest that Paul is having us on.

He's a smart kid (look at any of his posts dealing with math, for instance) and I suspect he is not the racist, intolerant, bigoted, sub-moronic, inbred cretin that he pretends to be. He knows how to press our buttons, and has a good time doing so. I would not be totally amazed to find out that he doesn't exist, but is the alter-ego of one of the more "respectable" posters on the bbs. Remember a guy by the name of Rex_Oah?

That said, I would be happier if he went away and never came back. Even though I think he's doing it only for the fun of getting a rise out of us, I don't need the aggravation. I have trained myself almost subliminally now to automatically skip past anything he posts without reading it.

All he's doing is posting flame bait. Don't rise to it and he'll go away quicker.

tanstaafl.

#196204 - 07/01/2004 08:07 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ]
g_attrill
old hand

Loc: Hants, UK
[censored], [censored], ass, bitch, cunt, piss, crap, whore, dammit.

Out of interest, why does the bbs censor some posts but not others? I once posted [censored]'s name and it censored that!

Gareth

#196205 - 07/01/2004 08:10 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: g_attrill]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
It censors all posts, but not all "curse" words. And there are tricks around the censor so if you really want to you can use the censored words. [censored]'s name got censored as a joke.

#196206 - 07/01/2004 09:49 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: tanstaafl.]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I'm going to play devil's advocate here (maybe literally?) and suggest that Paul is having us on.
Maybe so. I don't care. It's unforgiveably offensive whether he means it or not.

#196207 - 07/01/2004 09:56 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: wfaulk]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
I thought that it was an extract from his C.V., but whatever, I agree, we can do without.
If you google "Sandnigger", all 399 posts look as though he wrote them, however, as I had never heard the word 'till this morning, I suppose that I should be indebted for the education!

#196208 - 07/01/2004 11:25 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: wfaulk]
DLF
addict

Loc: Colorado, N.A.
I won't go that far, but it's fair to say that using the term "sandnigger" should rightly offend absolutely everybody.

#196209 - 07/01/2004 11:40 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: tanstaafl.]
ninti
old hand

> suggest that Paul is having us on

Does he like pushing buttons and being an ass for attention's sake? Of course he does, he has admitted as much. He is a total attention-whore, especially during these manic phases of his. But are those his real opinions? I believe they are. He has been too consistant in them for him to be completely an act.

> I suspect he is not the racist, intolerant, bigoted, sub-moronic, inbred cretin that he pretends to be

Have you been to to the South? Trust me, I have met people with identical opinions down there. I have little doubt he is exactly the kind of bastard he portrays himself as.

#196210 - 07/01/2004 11:54 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ninti]
Anonymous
Unregistered

....and I have little doubt that you are the pussy ass faggot you portray yourself as.

#196211 - 07/01/2004 12:18 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ninti]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
children, please...

#196212 - 07/01/2004 13:11 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ninti]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I'm FROM the South, and i've met people with worse opinions from the North, West, East, and Europe.

#196213 - 07/01/2004 13:22 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: loren]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Absolutely. There are idiots all over.

[Murray] "morons...your bus is leaving..." [/Murray]

#196214 - 07/01/2004 13:28 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: RobotCaleb]
speedy67
enthusiast

Loc: South-West-Germany
I'll try to express my opinion, although it's not so easy to write about such a complex theme in a foreign language...

I usually have a good laugh about Yz's postings, even if they are of the kind this thread is.
It allways follows a simple rule. First something offending by Yz, followed by disgusted replies (most time from the same people).
Yz sets one on top and the replies get harsher and so on...

For me it doesn't make any difference, if Yz is a clever boy who has fun to start fires or if he is really the bad guy he shows. If it is his real opinion, everybody else should respect that, like everybody wants his opinion respected by others.

If you don't like it, ignore it.

From what i read here from Yz, i personally think he's the clever boy having fun with the trolling. It's very tempting, if you know how you can let some "older, wiser and very well educated" people explode just by typing some stupid words.
Just because you expect from these people, that they stay calm and don't care about such a bulls*it.

As an example: we have a sect here, the translated name is "free christ's church". They pretend that they are living exactly every word, Jesus told, according to the new testament. When we were young, we had a lot of fun to go to their concerts, dressed as heavy freaks or hippies, highly intoxicated, just to provocate them. We didn't do anything just being there, and they reacted, like we expected. They didn't tolerate us, like they prayed as super-christs, but they threw us out of the concerts, one time beating us out. We expected that, cause they are humans, not higher souls lit by Jesus' light.
q.e.d., what was the only reason for us to do it.

OK, to come to an end, i hope this community, which i really love, will not break by one troll. And i hope, the calls for banning Yz again will not get louder, cause banning him won't bring peace.

Just my opinion.
cheers, Thomas

#196215 - 07/01/2004 13:43 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: speedy67]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
If it is his real opinion, everybody else should respect that, like everybody wants his opinion respected by others.
This is the part of your statement I completely disagree with. We all have respected his arguments on gun control, religion, etc. But when he crosses into religious and ethnic slurs and personal attacks, it's no longer about an open debate of ideas, it's about attacking cultures, races, and individual BBS members. That type of thing destroys entire conversations and helps nobody learn anything about another's opinions.

See, in your illustration of the typical lifetime of a [censored]-infested thread, you forgot one thing. If he doesn't draw a reaction, he keeps reeling off more and more inflammatory comments until someone snaps. Once the thread is poisoned with responses to his trolling, he loses interest and moves on.

For instance, we have had good political debates in some of the threads here recently completely derailed by this. You say you laugh at it and ignore it, but his comments are so inflammatory that they are going to draw a response from someone. Even if 99% of people do their best to ignore him, someone is going to respond, and that's all it takes for it to mushroom out of control. Now he has what he wants, at which point he closes his browser window and, more than likely, tries to use the same attention-getting tactics on his mommy and daddy.

He sees this somehow as his job on the BBS, and the majority opinion is that all he's doing is degrading the quality of the conversation, not increasing it. In the past, when he's offered logical opinions based on an occasional fact or two, he's gotten a very good response. When he's throwing out words like "sandniggers" and "ragheads" (among other followups) I feel it's going too far, and a majority of the BBS agrees. Maybe you're okay with it, and get a chuckle out of it, but he's attacking a resource (this forum) that a lot of us really enjoy, and that's why we get pissed off.

#196216 - 07/01/2004 13:44 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: speedy67]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
OK, to come to an end, i hope this community, which i really love, will not break by one troll.
And may I note that this community currently has only the one troll. And that prior to his arrival, it had none.

And i hope, the calls for banning Yz again will not get louder, cause banning him won't bring peace.
Side note: In the past, his prior user name was banned because of a PHP exploit attempt on the BBS code, not because of his language or views.

#196217 - 07/01/2004 13:47 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: tonyc]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
He sees this somehow as his job on the BBS, and the majority opinion is that all he's doing is degrading the quality of the conversation, not increasing it.
Your personal majority opinion, of course.

Peter

#196218 - 07/01/2004 17:56 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: loren]
ninti
old hand

> I'm FROM the South

No offense, I am certainly not saying everyone down there is like that, especially in the cities. But you have to admit there is a LOT more of that kind of attitude down there than anywhere else in this country.

#196219 - 07/01/2004 18:05 Re: Republicans, please cast your votes [Re: ninti]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
No offense, I am certainly not saying everyone down there is like that, especially in the cities. But you have to admit there is a LOT more of that kind of attitude down there than anywhere else in this country.

Huh? PLEASE... no offense but I've lived here in the south most of my life, as a matter of fact I went to high school in the same county as the movie "Deliverance" was filmed and I honestly can say that you are WAY off base.

People in the South from my experience are the most polite, laid back, happy and respectful people you'll ever come across.

Don't watch so much television you really shouldn't believe everything you see and hear. Remember Hollywood makes up most of that crap you see in movies and if I'm not mistaken Hollywood is in your part of the country.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >