Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#196897 - 07/01/2004 16:50 Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI
jules

Loc: Indiana USA
This information must be in some obvious place, but I cannot find it. I do not own a Karma but am considering one IF it allows me to listen to music in the style of the empeg. Does the karma have features like swap next, no more of this album, next song from same artist, etc? Can you search by artist/year/etc and insert or append to current list? A pointer to the PDF version of the manual might be all I need.....

#196898 - 07/01/2004 17:18 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: jules]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, those features are present, and in an even cooler form than on the empeg. Once you've modified a playlist with those things, you actually have the ability to save that playlist on-the-fly.

#196899 - 07/01/2004 17:39 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: jules]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Here is the manual

I think there are many features that are not documented in the manual though. (either that or I just can't find them in it )

Matt

#196900 - 07/01/2004 17:43 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

You can reorder the tracks but I don't think the has the tweak order functions like he is talking about.Like no more of this artist or add another song from the same album.

Matt

#196901 - 07/01/2004 18:19 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

You can reorder the tracks but I don't think the has the tweak order functions like he is talking about.Like no more of this artist or add another song from the same album.
Yes, there is an extensive menu of things you can do while playing a list, and "no more of this artist" is, in fact, among them. I just tried it. Go to the Now Playing screen, press the wheel, select "Remove", then "Artist". Bam, all Rush gone from that running order.

Now let's see about "add another song from the same album..."

You can press Insert, but you still have to fish for the album. It's do-able, but not as a one-button thing like on the empeg.

It was discussed on the beta testers forum that the Insert menu should probably default to the current artist and album when you enter into the menu (as opposed to the top of the tree like it is now). Perhaps that will make it into a later software release.

#196902 - 07/01/2004 18:22 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Incidentally, any lack of a single-button Tweak Album is totally overshadowed by the insanely cool "Re-Order" feature in the Now Playing screen. It's the closest thing you can get to drag and drop playlist reordering without an actual mouse. Too cool.

And again, any tweaks you make to a playlist can be saved and named, right there on the player...

#196903 - 07/01/2004 18:39 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

That's cool I found that menu but didn't play with anything but insert and reorder. Am I missing this stuff in the manual or is it not in there ?

I also agree about the reording feature it is very slick.

Matt

#196904 - 07/01/2004 19:28 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

As if the Cambridge guys would stop adding features merely because the manual is already at the printer's...

#196905 - 07/01/2004 19:34 Re: Where can i find a description of Karma's features/ UI [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

I don't want them to stop adding features but if no one knows about them it won't help sell the product

Matt