Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#19786 - 08/10/2000 18:46 Can't use USB under Win2000
doug316
journeyman

I used to use USB just fine. Now when I plug in, it doesn't recognize the USB device as an empeg. When I try to reinstall drivers, (there's only an .inf file for 1.01, not for 1.0), it says it found a better driver (winnt\inf\usb.inf) and it won't use the one from mpeg. Then the install failes because it says "a function driver was not specified for the device instance".

#19787 - 09/10/2000 07:15 Re: Can't use USB under Win2000 [Re: doug316]
EngelenH
enthusiast

Loc: Belgium/Holland
Okay, not sure why that happens but ... the quick and dirty fix I would use here (mind you I can't recreate this to test) is to just rename usb.inf (not delete, just rename) to usb.old. That way you might trick it to use the empeg file ...

Looking at usb.inf I must say I am a little stomped on what triggered this ... All I can think of is that it does not recognise the empeg and instead uses the generic stuff in usb.inf.

Doe you have any other USB devices btw ? Something to test your USB port with other then the empeg so you can test wether the port itself is behaving normally ?

Cheers,
Hans

Mk2 - Blue - 080000431