Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#201456 - 30/01/2004 16:54 Playlist wish
kendrick

while inside of a playlist and playing a song, i would like to be able to scroll through other songs in that playlist without having to go all the way back out to the main playlist screen and go back into that playlist.

#201457 - 30/01/2004 17:06 Re: Playlist wish [Re: kendrick]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is built-in already. It's one of the entries here.

#201458 - 31/01/2004 14:56 Re: Playlist wish [Re: tfabris]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
I'm not sure that sounds like the "How do I go back to the playlist I last selected" question. If you've gone and done an insert/append/enqueue/refine type stuff on your current playlist, that won't work, because you'll only be scrolling through your predefined playlists. It sounds like what he wants is the ability to scroll through the "Now and Next" info mode, beyond just the next 4 songs. (And if he's not asking for that, than I will. )

#201459 - 02/02/2004 01:26 Re: Playlist wish [Re: canuckInOR]
kendrick

Yea thats exactly what im asking for... to be able to scroll through the now and next list while a song in that playlist is currently playing.

#201460 - 02/02/2004 11:01 Re: Playlist wish [Re: kendrick]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Yea thats exactly what im asking for... to be able to scroll through the now and next list while a song in that playlist is currently playing.
Just to be clear, the Now & Next display is showing you songs in the current running order (the collection of songs you've added, either by selecting/inserting/enqueueing playlists or individual songs.) I don't think the player really has a concept of the currently playing playlist, as the songs you've added to a running order may have come from many playlists, or may have even been selected individually.

Having said that, what you're asking for (a lot like how you can scroll through the songs on your Karma without skipping tracks) seems very possible with some software I'm working on. A program I'm hoping to release in the next few weeks already has the ability to (among other things) peek an arbitrary number of songs ahead in the running order and get the song's tag information. It also has the ability to display this information on the screen in a customizable format. All that's missing right now is some UI work to allow the user to walk through the track list. I'm not sure that'll make it in for the initial release (I've already added so much to it my head is spinning), but if it doesn't, I'll keep this in mind as something add in the future.

#201461 - 03/02/2004 21:16 Re: Playlist wish [Re: tonyc]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Hm, a new project that tweaks the UI? Maybe it'll help give me a different spin on the 2.0 UI that I can't quite get into. Is there a thread about this or more info anywhere? Do tell, in a new thread or so. Thanks.

#201462 - 03/02/2004 21:42 Re: Playlist wish [Re: FireFox31]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Hm, a new project that tweaks the UI? Maybe it'll help give me a different spin on the 2.0 UI that I can't quite get into. Is there a thread about this or more info anywhere? Do tell, in a new thread or so. Thanks.
Not a new project, but the logical evolution of an old one. I can't say much about it yet because I don't want to write a check I can't cash yet. Plus, that'd ruin the surprise.

#201463 - 04/02/2004 01:18 Re: Playlist wish [Re: tonyc]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Plus, that'd ruin the surprise.

But I can guess, and I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Matthew

#201464 - 04/02/2004 11:29 Re: Playlist wish [Re: kendrick]
edsmiata
addict

Loc: New Jersey
Excellent Suggestion!!!

I have all of my songs in Playlists by artist...thus...if I were to select the U2 playlist, it would be nice to be able to brouse through all of the songs in the playlist while still listening to the current song......withough having to drill down through the playlist menu again..and without having to do a search