Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#206365 - 23/02/2004 12:02 SeekTool auto-select?
jbradshw
journeyman

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Is there any way to have the SeekTool selected for the knob automatically when I pull up the SeekTool Info screen instead of having to select it in PopUp every time I switch to that screen?

#206366 - 23/02/2004 14:05 Re: SeekTool auto-select? [Re: jbradshw]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Is there any way to have the SeekTool selected for the knob automatically when I pull up the SeekTool Info screen instead of having to select it in PopUp every time I switch to that screen?
No, because most people initially got confused when they would try to change the volume and it would skip ahead in the song a la the seek tool behavior. Unless I missed some config option somewhere along the line, activating the seek tool requires a knob press.

If the lads don't fancy changing this or making it configurable in the player, I think it'd be pretty easy for me to add that capability to the player frontend I'm putting the finishing touches on now. I don't want to make any promises, but I can easily tell which info mode is selected, and send a knob press on your behalf when you switch to info seek. This does, of course, require having the Hijack kernel and installing my application (and selecting it from the Hijack menu, but I hope to convice mlord to automate that part.) I'm hoping to release in the next week or so, and I'll see if I can sneak this capability in before I pull the trigger.

#206367 - 23/02/2004 16:00 Re: SeekTool auto-select? [Re: tonyc]
jbradshw
journeyman

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Sweet.. that would be awesome!