Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#210561 - 26/11/2006 12:53 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: sn00p]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newbie

Apparently (see reference above), noob is normally an insult when applied to a gamer, specifically someone in one of the various virtual reality settings.

I didn't really intend it as such, as this BBS is not a MMPRPG. Rather, it was a gentle poke at a newb who was too busy spewing to even read the rather old bye-bye thread to which he was posting. In that context, there's no doubt of the noob status.

And events since then seem to be reinforcing the original accidental connotations.

I'm a little late doing this myself, but perhaps we should all just simply ignore the troll until it settles down some?

Cheers

#210562 - 26/11/2006 14:41 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: mlord]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Oh, and just a side note...I AM one of the 1 percent who do not use the empeg in a car (at least at the moment). I did until about a year ago, and then, since I had an ultra fine, outstanding, superb, ML Home Dock at home and at the office, and on the infrequent drives around town, I really do just listen to am talk radio. I plan on using the home dock whereever I get my next job, if at all possible. There may come a time when I do use an empeg in a car again, but not in the immediate future.
Besides, I still gotta get my main player working....

And Mark, feel free to call me a noob or anything else. I still have a great time on the bbs, and have received much more than I have given. Oh yeah, both docks are working great now, and are fully functional. Let me know if you think I should post a picture of my 'retro' system.

#210563 - 26/11/2006 16:25 Re: No more NewFace [Re: 303]
Jemmi

I swear I have dealt with "yuppy" before in another forum not related to empeg. I think it was an MP3 car forum... talks down to EVERYONE... Same profession. Same attitude. Anyone using this BBS on any sort of regular basis had to get a major laugh when Mark was called a playstation geek who didn't know what he was doing... I chuckled nearly...

#210564 - 26/11/2006 16:41 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: Ladmo]
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
Quote:
Oh, and just a side note...I AM one of the 1 percent who do not use the empeg in a car ...

My guess is that nowadays the majority of the Empeg owners listens to his or her Empeg not in the car anymore but at home.

I do anyway, thanks to my excellent Mark Lord home dock, which I can't thank him enough for!

Thanks Mark!

#210565 - 26/11/2006 16:58 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: mlord]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Quote:
perhaps we should all just simply ignore the troll until it settles down some

Quote:
*yawn* This is getting boring.

Yep, in fact I've deleted my final post on the subject to give the whole thing a better chance of dying a death.

#210566 - 26/11/2006 17:41 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: BartDG]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and just a side note...I AM one of the 1 percent who do not use the empeg in a car ...

My guess is that nowadays the majority of the Empeg owners listens to his or her Empeg not in the car anymore but at home.

It makes me sad to say that while I always use the empeg in the car I seldom listen to it and most of the time it's a head unit with aux in; It's only when I have neither 1xRTT nor EvDO that it sources audio.

Quote:

I do anyway, thanks to my excellent Mark Lord home dock, which I can't thank him enough for!

Thanks Mark!

Here, here!

#210567 - 26/11/2006 22:32 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: Daria]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Quote:
..I seldom listen to it and most of the time it's a head unit with aux in; It's only when I have neither 1xRTT nor EvDO that it sources audio.

Do you have a cheap wireless data plan? Up here, it's mucho dollaros for anything over 4MB or so monthly. Except for music and television -- those are flat rate, unlimited content (neither of which I subscribe to, but that's me).

Cheers

#210568 - 27/11/2006 03:21 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: mlord]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I'd be willing to be that either:
1) His employer pays for his data plan.
or
2) He's on Sprint.

Spring has unlimited data to the handset for $20 per month. With some phones, that's also unlimited data to a computer. The best deal in mobile data here in the states.

Matthhew

#210569 - 27/11/2006 04:40 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: matthew_k]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:

Spring has unlimited data to the handset for $20 per month. With some phones, that's also unlimited data to a computer. The best deal in mobile data here in the states.
Matthhew

I don't know if Power Vision costs more, but as of a few months ago, regular PCS Vision was $15 unlimited, or $10 if you asked them to credit you $5 instead of giving you a certain # of free picture emails (or something like that.)

Nowadays, unlimited data is included in some Sprint plans, including my current plan (courtesy of this slickdeals thread). Nobody in my area is coming close to $30/month for 500 anytime minutes and unlimited data, so signing up for a 2yr contract was a no-brainer.

#210570 - 27/11/2006 05:49 Re: One More NewFace Please Please Please ??? [Re: BartDG]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
I couldn't do without my empeg in the car... however my other one lives in either my shiny Mark Lord dock in my computer room, or my homemade dock in the living room.

Hmmm - more docks than empegs...might need to buy another empeg:-)
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2