Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#212422 - 06/04/2004 23:20 How to Delete Custom Boot Logo?
errol
journeyman

Can someone tell me how to delete a custom boot logo?

I installed a custom boot animation, and also installed a custom static boot logo, but now would like to delete the static logo. Simply uploading a blank logo doesn't seem to do the trick.

#212423 - 07/04/2004 04:44 Re: How to Delete Custom Boot Logo? [Re: errol]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Greetings!

If you use LogoEdit, there is an option on the menu to delete custom logos from the player...

#212424 - 07/04/2004 10:14 Re: How to Delete Custom Boot Logo? [Re: errol]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Do you want to delete the animation or the static logo?

Uploading a blank logo should work to get rid of the static logo, or using the Logoedit delete feature as Paul suggested.

However, the final frame of the animation will hang around on the screen if there is no static logo. To get rid of that, you must edit the animation using Jemplode. There's no way to delete the animation, the only way to change it is to upload a blank animation.

#212425 - 07/04/2004 13:10 Re: How to Delete Custom Boot Logo? [Re: tfabris]
errol
journeyman

Do you want to delete the animation or the static logo?

As I stated in my original post, I want to delete the static logo.

Uploading a blank logo should work to get rid of the static logo

Does it really? The way I understand it, the animation plays through, then after the animation is completed, the static logo is displayed. If I upload a blank static logo, then the blank static logo is displayed after the animation. This is not what I desire. I would like only the animation to be displayed, with no blank logo displayed afterwards.

or using the Logoedit delete feature as Paul suggested

It appears the only way to use Logoedit to delete the static logo is to do so through the serial port. Am I correct? Why can't we do so through the network connection?

However, the final frame of the animation will hang around on the screen if there is no static logo

This is what I want. By simply overwriting the static logo with a blank one, the blank logo now gets displayed. I want to completely delete the static logo. Is the only way to do this using Logoedit through the COM port?

#212426 - 07/04/2004 13:31 Re: How to Delete Custom Boot Logo? [Re: errol]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This is what I want. By simply overwriting the static logo with a blank one, the blank logo now gets displayed. I want to completely delete the static logo.
Another option would be to make the static logo to be the same as the last frame of the animation.

Is the only way to do this using Logoedit through the COM port?
Yes, but if you want, you can use FTP with Hijack to upload whatever you like to the empeg logo memory area, and the logo stuff is controlled by these four bytes, so you can do whatever you like.