Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#213617 - 18/04/2004 23:20 WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons
erikbragg
new poster

Loc: Chino Hills, CA
I am looking to buy one of the wood fascias for the Rio. Is anybody still making them? Anybody want to sell there's?

Also, i see all these translucent buttons for sale, but does anybody make solid black buttons? I am looking for the 4 buttons and the dial in black.

Thanks for all your help guys!

#213618 - 19/04/2004 04:37 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: erikbragg]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Well, as for the solid black buttons, I do not think anyone makes them (for the standard fascia design) at the moment. However, if you use a dark translucent color (blue) without any backlighting, they will appear to be black except under bright sunlight.

The wooden fascia were made for a very short time by Bob Vreeland. (I am not sure I have that spelled right - I am in the office at the moment.) I have not seen anyone making or selling them for at least two years.

#213619 - 19/04/2004 11:03 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: erikbragg]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Erik,

Ant told me you got a new car, looking to do a Rio install now huh? I think you can get the fake wood look done to your Empegs facia through a vacuum method where a thin layer of simulated wood gets sucked tight over your existing facia with a little heat applied. I doubt you'd be able to get this done to the release handle though so it would look kinda weird. You may want to reconsider if you can't do the handle as well as the facia. I know you're a big movie star and all that now, but if you find some time, call me and I'll see if I can round up some info on who does this type of thing around here.

Steve

#213620 - 19/04/2004 13:44 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: bodybag]
erikbragg
new poster

Loc: Chino Hills, CA
ill call today or tomorrow. pretty busy day today. hit the swells @ 6am with keanu, sushi lunch with brad & jenn, dinner wih brit and then viper room tonight with johnny. oh yeah, and i made a $35,000 website while driving back & forth (im such a failure)

#213621 - 19/04/2004 14:34 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: erikbragg]
bodybag
addict

Loc: Southern California
Dude, Keanu is a weenie, how many times must I remind you?

#213622 - 19/04/2004 21:24 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: pgrzelak]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
It's ROB Vreeland...hehe... but i think i'll start calling him Bob. I talk to him a few times a week. He was thinking about finishing off a few wooden fascias that were sitting around unfinished. I'll point him to this thread... see if you can push start him a little. =]

#213623 - 20/04/2004 04:31 Re: WTB: Wood Fascia & Black Buttons [Re: loren]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Ooops. See what happens when you try to answer a post from the office without searching first??? Sorry Rob!