Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#218823 - 17/06/2004 10:35 Search Facility on Streaming ?
LTJBukem
enthusiast

Right I've successfully (ok 1 error on page !!), ripped apart CharcoalGray99's Web Interface for Streaming purposes only. All commands have been removed.

Also we it working externally, so I can listen to my empeg from work, with the empeg at home. Bandwidth permitting. We are a small company so no-one tracks internet usage

Now. What would be really neat, is if i could search for tunes.
By Artist, Source, Genre etc.

How could this be scripted given i'm using CG's interface ?

Any ideas?

#218824 - 17/06/2004 13:49 Re: Search Facility on Streaming ? [Re: LTJBukem]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
I'm not really sure what people are up to with stuff like this.

Ripping things out of the XML add-on package does not prevent anything from being done by direct access to the Hijack web server addresses.

Hijack has built-in HTTP authentication, which when enabled in config.ini can restrict general access to playlists/streaming only.

There are no on-player search functions available from any web interface yet, but I believe someone posted about a PC-based database browser/search tool that could select tunes for streaming from the Hijack web interface.

Cheers

#218825 - 17/06/2004 15:22 Re: Search Facility on Streaming ? [Re: mlord]
LTJBukem
enthusiast

I think I didn't investiage the option of disabling features from Hijack. I just wanted a really simple interface for streaming with no player controls and no view of the empeg at all.

Everything is streamed through Media Player 9.

See Attached. It's completely cut down but seems to work ok.

Attachments
218098-Image1.jpg (63 downloads)

#218826 - 17/06/2004 16:46 Re: Search Facility on Streaming ? [Re: LTJBukem]
trs24
old hand

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The other way to do what you're trying to do, rather than using CG's interface to stream, is to download the entire playlist from your empeg that Hijack creates, load that into your favorite mp3 software (winamp, iTunes, etc) to stream, and then use that software's search functionality when you want to find specific songs. I prefer iTunes for that, myself.

ALA here.

#218827 - 17/06/2004 17:41 Re: Search Facility on Streaming ? [Re: LTJBukem]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Then rather than adding all of the XML layers from CG, and then stripping them off again.. why not just use the built-in Hijack web interface without the added CG skin????