Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221481 - 09/05/2002 19:12 Does the rio central play streaming music.
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Does the rio central play streaming music. Like streaming mp3 radio stations.

Matt

#221482 - 09/05/2002 19:48 Re: Does the rio central play streaming music. [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The Rio Central is meant to be a music server, so at the current time, no.

I don't know if they intend for it to be a feature of future software versions or not. Since it can hook up to broadband networks pretty easily, I could see it being reasonably straightforward to implement MP3 streaming on it. So maybe it'll appear in a future software release.

Now, the Rio Receiver is a different story. If I understand correctly, some of the third-party Receiver Servers will redirect a stream to the Receiver. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

#221483 - 09/05/2002 20:19 Re: Does the rio central play streaming music. [Re: tfabris]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
the best feature would be if it could save the mp3 streams to the hdd then let me put them on my riot later. but that would probably be pretty unlikely to happen

the mp3 streaming would be good though I have a couple of stations I listen to that rebroadcast over the internet like radiok

Matt