Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#221583 - 03/06/2002 19:12 Replacement Client Software - version 0.4
reza

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
After a lot of time spent, I've finished what I consider a "working" open-source replacement client for the rio, as well as a simple server. There's a binary distribution for those of you who dont want to bother compiling it yourselfs. There are a lot of features missing, but the infrastructure is in place to make adding them easy.

I was hoping to get a couple people to test out the distribution to see if it works for them, or if there are any problems.

http://www.reza.net/rio/rrr.html

Thanks,
Reza

#221584 - 04/06/2002 04:25 Re: Replacement Client Software - version 0.4 [Re: reza]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've linked your page in the FAQ entry about alternate server software.

I don't have a Linux box to mess with this stuff, but I'm very interested in seeing what others have to say about this after trying it. I mean, no matter how "alpha" this software is, you gotta admit it's a pretty amazing feat to get a replacement player app working.

#221585 - 04/06/2002 19:43 Re: Replacement Client Software - version 0.4 [Re: tfabris]
reza

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
It shouldn't be terribly difficult to get my code to work on a windows server box. You'll need to :

1-Compile the server with cygwin (windows port of gcc + utils). There are 3 files that might need some tweaking to make them work both in Unix and Windows, but not much.

2-Replace the tar ball that comes with their server with my tar ball (found on http://www.reza.net/rio/rrr.html). That way, you'de use their server code as a NFS and SSDP server, and you'de run my code as a content delivery mechanism.

I'll probably get around to this after I get back from my job hunting trip in europe. Anyone got any leads?

Reza

Reza

#221586 - 04/06/2002 20:39 Re: Replacement Client Software - version 0.4 [Re: reza]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, I could do that... in my Copious Spare Time(tm)...