Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222226 - 15/09/2002 06:23 How to install Rioplay
lockeness
stranger

I have installed Jreceiver and can get the jrec rio client to work using the rioboot.zip file from Brand. I am now trying to get Rioplay to work and I can't. I'm hoping someone can help me.

I am on XP. I created C:\prog files\rioboot and have unzipped the contents of the rioboot.zip into that folder (nfsserver.jar, portmapper.jar, tartool.jar, etc.). I created tftpboot/default underneath this directory. I untarred the receiver.arf file from Rio into the default folder and then merged the Rioplay .arf file into the same directory.

I start up jrec, portmapper and the nfsserver and when I boot my rio I get:

NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default\dev\audio
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default\dev\display
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default\dev\ir
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default\dev\mixer
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default
\bin\rioplay
NFS lookup C:\Program Files\Rioboot\tftpboot\default\lib\ld-
linux.so.2
\etc\ld.so.cache
\lib\libm.so.6
\lib\libc.so.6

Over and over. The rio never boots.

Also, I have seen several people refer to a mercury.arf file. I don't think I have this file. Not that it should matter but my receiver is actually a dell. I have searched the program directory and cd-rom and have found no mercury.arf file. What is it for?

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure out how to get this thing running.

Thanks

Chris Locke

#222227 - 15/09/2002 14:33 Re: How to install Rioplay [Re: lockeness]
happy_hammer66

I`ve also had problems getting this to work. Only now have i got it to work with the standard Rio manager and i don;t know what iv`e done different to get it working. I don`t think you have to merge the rioplay with the original receiver.arf file(unless you use HPNA). Try the rioplay.arf as is.
Mercury, i think, was some internal SonicBlue name for the project. I think mercury.arf is the same as the original receiver.arf you get with the Rio manager software.

bill