Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222553 - 07/01/2003 21:37 Can't connect to server (Windows 2K). Please HELP
drewbitt
stranger

I am having a really hard time with the Rio Sonic Blue MP3 Receiver. I have a Win2K box with plenty of speed,memory, etc. I am using a Linksys Router/Switch with wireless AP. I am also running Zone Alarm firewall. The Win2K PC is the only PC on my network.

I started the Receiver manager on my PC. I then plugged the reciever into an open port on the router. When I start the receiver it tries to connect and never does. When Zone Alarm is running, the receiver manager sees the receiver, but the receiver eventually timesout. The zone alarm logs show that it has blocked UDP access even if I add it to my trusted zone and set the security to Low. If I disable zone alarm the receiver manager does not even recognize the receiver. I have tried several different network settings with no luck. I unplug the receiver (power) after every change. The only thing that I have left to try is converting my FAT 32 file system to NTFS.

I know the receiver works because I tried it on a friends laptop where both the receiver and laptop were connected to a switch.

Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Drew

#222554 - 08/01/2003 11:09 Re: Can't connect to server (Windows 2K). Please HELP [Re: drewbitt]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Try it on a regular hub, or directly into the PC with a crossover cable, first. It might be unhappy with the linksys switch.

#222555 - 08/01/2003 12:29 Re: Can't connect to server (Windows 2K). Please HELP [Re: tfabris]
drewbitt
stranger

Thanks Tony. I tried connecting to a NetGear switch on a friends laptop with success, but when I tried the same switch at home it did not work. I probably have some problem with my Win 2K installation.

I read an earlier thread that described a similar situation and the person re-installed his OS and everything worked fine. Although I do not want to go this route I may have no choice. I am going to try to partition my PC and do a full install of Win 2K rather than an upgrade to see if that works.

#222556 - 09/01/2003 15:25 Re: Can't connect to server (Windows 2K). Please HELP [Re: drewbitt]
drewbitt
stranger

I started using a sniffer. It is able to get an IP from the router, but I get a "Destination unreacheable" IMCP error. It is when the receiver is trying to access UDP port 18678 on my PC. I ran netstat and that port is active for IP 0.0.0.0. Any ideas?