Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#222674 - 25/01/2003 19:48 Looking for rio receiver remote control
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Some of you might know me from the empeg BBS. Well, I recently aquired a cheapish Dell Rio Receiver. Problem is that it came without a remote and I don't have any idea how to control it remotely.
Therefor I am looking to buy a remote for it. If I can't find anyone willing to sell a remote, I would really like to borrow one so that I could program a universal remote.

Any sellers? If you aren't going to sell a remote, would you lend one to me?

Regards,
Sven Mueller

#222675 - 25/01/2003 19:52 Re: Looking for rio receiver remote control [Re: smu]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I was wondering whether the Dell receivers even worked with a remote at all because they don't seem to have an IR sensor anywhere on the front. I've got a couple here that I haven't installed yet, and I noticed that when I opened the box.

Anyone know where their IR sensor is, if at all?

#222676 - 25/01/2003 20:33 Re: Looking for rio receiver remote control [Re: tfabris]
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi Tony.

It definately has an IR sensor. The power button is actually not a button but a smoked plastic lense over the IR sensor. The button is attached to the front panel PCB a little above the button itself and when pressed, it touches a microswitch just below the actual button. In between is the IR sensor. It looks a little like this (poor ANSI art following):

Case: ,______
|
|o anker
/ |
Button: ( |O| IR Sensor
\ |
|| <>| Microswitch
| |
| |
| |<-PCB
|

I just opened the receiver to verify that my initial guess was right, and it really was.

cu,
sven

#222677 - 26/01/2003 03:30 Re: Looking for rio receiver remote control [Re: smu]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
More than happy to either sell or lend you a remote!

Julf (Amsterdam, The Netherlands)

#222678 - 26/01/2003 11:03 Re: Looking for rio receiver remote control [Re: smu]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Ah, very clever!