Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223291 - 23/06/2003 12:04 Reza client on Dell Rio Player
adamcb
stranger

I installed tRio on my Dell box and everything works fine. I decided not to use it due to some of the features it's missing (volume for one). However, I tried to get Reza's client to work, but I have not been successful. I'm running Windows XP on the server box and the Mercury 1.03 server. When booting the box, I get to +++- followed by a 1 on the next screen and it stops. I've read somewhere I believe that there is a problem with the Dell boxes and this client. Is this true? Is there something I need to look for to get this to work?

thanks in advance!!!

Adam

#223292 - 25/06/2003 20:12 Re: Reza client on Dell Rio Player [Re: adamcb]
adamcb
stranger

Has anyone had any luck with this client? What other clients are there other than Reza, tRio and the original Rio?

Thanks,

Adam

#223293 - 07/07/2003 14:51 Re: Reza client on Dell Rio Player [Re: adamcb]
mmhere123456

One thread over on the General board states that tRio can be configured for variable volume control, and that the front panel knob as well as the remote work properly to adjust the volume.

That thread seems to hint, however, that variable volume control is only available for Line Out (and not for speaker/amplifier outputs).

What is the real status of tRio? Does it support variable volume for amp'd speaker outs, Line Out, both, neither? What do you have to do to configure tRio to support variable volume, since it appears to be a switchable feature?

#223294 - 08/07/2003 00:52 Re: Reza client on Dell Rio Player [Re: mmhere123456]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
tRio has a "line out" setting under its "settings" menu allowing you to choose between either "fixed" or "variable" line-out volume.

In "fixed" mode, the line-out volume is fixed, but the amplified and headphone output can be adjusted via the wheel on the front panel or volume buttons on the remote.

In "variable" mode, all the outputs are adjusted via the wheel and remote.

The difference between tRio and the other clients is that with tRio you can change between these two modes via the menus. With the other clients you have to use a different receiver.arf (with a patch applied to it or not). And so it's less easy to switch.

But then you're not really going to need to switch that often. And so while it's easier with tRio, it's not a BIG DEAL.

Cheers
Paul

#223295 - 18/07/2003 13:25 Re: Reza client on Dell Rio Player [Re: pauln]
mmhere123456

In reply to:

tRio has a "line out" setting under its "settings" menu allowing you to choose between either "fixed" or "variable" line-out volume.

In "fixed" mode, the line-out volume is fixed, but the amplified and headphone output can be adjusted via the wheel on the front panel or volume buttons on the remote.

In "variable" mode, all the outputs are adjusted via the wheel and remote.

Thanks for the good description of tRio's volume control capabilities.

Now I know that it'll work for me without having to switch to it right now in order to determine that fact.

I do plan to switch later, but now one of the most important questions for me regarding tRio has been answered.