Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#224053 - 31/10/2003 20:42 Boot Rio Receiver off Mac OS X Server
dmz
journeyman

Loc: Pasadena, California, USA
I've had JReceiver running on one of my Mac OS X Server machines for a while, using the 'nfsserver.jar' Java NFS server from RioBoot (primarily because I couldn't get it to work immediately with the Mac OS X NFS server, and didn't want to figure out what was wrong). Now I actually need to use the real NFS server on the machine (which is running Mac OS X Server 10.3), and I can't get the Rio to boot from the /tftpboot/IPADDRESS that I've exported to world. It gets to "Found Music Server", blanks its screen, and then immediately returns to "Searching for Music Server".

I suspect the problem has to do with the /dev files somehow, but when I mount that volume from a Linux machine, they look like perfectly reasonable device files...

Anybody have any idea how I could fix it?

Thanks...
Daniel M. Zimmerman Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB Mk.1 #00101, 10GB

#224054 - 01/11/2003 04:45 Re: Boot Rio Receiver off Mac OS X Server [Re: dmz]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
If it gets to "Found music server", then it's probably mounted the NFS mount. There's either something wrong in the mount permissions, or there's something wrong in the mounted image.

I don't know how you configure NFS on OS X, but my page explains how to configure the Linux NFS server. Note that you need to have (no_root_squash) on the mount point, otherwise the /dev files don't work. The (insecure) allows for connections from port numbers > 1024, and the (ro) is obvious.