Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#22639 - 01/12/2000 05:55 Re: features 1.1 [Re: tfabris]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
As long as you can stop the process/routine while it's doing the amendments to the time field it will be cool. I could quite happily let it run knowing that as soon as i want to leave i just stop the routine and take the empeg

#22640 - 02/12/2000 16:56 Re: features 1.1 [Re: muzza]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Or why not run this process in the background while the player's playing? I suppose it means mounting some partition read-write, but it could just be the scratch partition - the results of the scan could be uploaded to the music partition and so forth when the player is doing a sync.

I suppose there's good and bad things about that decision...

And is there any news about the possibility of running the Distributed.Net client while the empeg is playing?

Save the whales. Feed the hungry. Free the mallocs.

#22641 - 03/12/2000 02:01 Re: features 1İ1 [Re: PaulWay]
drakino
carpal tunnel

In reply to:

And is there any news about the possibility of running the DistributedİNet client while the empeg is playing?

Although I never finished the instructions, some insight is at my old MK1 page

I basicially created a ramdrive on boot, moved the buffers over there, and every several minutes copied the buffers back to the driveİ The drives were rw only a second or two every 5 mins, so the risk of damage was fairly lowİ I never did get spectacular results from the client, but every bit helpsİ Just don't run OGR though, as that would probably take a few weeks per block of daily empeg useİ

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3