Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#228272 - 23/07/2004 07:36 SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1
elperepat
enthusiast

Loc: Qc, Canada
Following Tony's announcement of lrcDB, I'm pleased to release version 1.1 of my SYLT Lyrics Plugin for Winamp.

Here's what changed since last version:

• Retrieve timestamped lyrics from www.lrcDB.org
  • Submit timestamped lyrics to www.lrcDB.org
  • Retrieve lyrics from www.sing365.com
  • Retrieve lyrics from www.allthelyrics.com
  • Support for multiple timestamps per lines
  • Shift-CTRL+I Revert to default (safe) settings
  • Redone UI (menu, help)
  • Fix bug with Unicode SYLT frame (Created with Windows Media Player)
  • Fix bug: id3v1 Genre was being erased after saving

Be sure to read the included ReadMe, as there's lot of info in there.

You may now download the plugin

Enjoy!

#228273 - 23/07/2004 15:00 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
i have a request. i have to go through an http proxy here at work. could you add the ability to add a proxy input section. i would like to be able to manually input my proxy info, or choose to use the default proxy info that IE uses.

#228274 - 23/07/2004 15:23 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: RobotCaleb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Woh...

It should be possible, I just don't know how ;-)

I'll see if I can find examples and if I do, it should be in the next release...

#228275 - 23/07/2004 16:30 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
mcomb
pooh-bah

Loc: San Carlos, CA
Any chance of a non-windows version?

-Mike

#228276 - 23/07/2004 16:49 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: mcomb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Little to none in short term....

VB is easy to program, but not portable...

In the beginnings, I planned to redo the entire project in C, but now that I invested that much time in VB, I don't think I'll do it soon. As for Java, I know nothing about it, so it would be a big, big challenge ;-) and don't even know if it would be possible to integrate it as much in winamp as it is.

If you were thinking of Linux, I don't know if/how wine would handle it. Maybe I'll try it tonight.

Sorry...

#228277 - 23/07/2004 17:38 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

#228278 - 23/07/2004 18:02 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: RobotCaleb]
elperepat
enthusiast

Thanks, but I'm on the old VB6, and I think I found out an example somewhere... I'm coding it... 1.1.1 should be released soon ;-)

#228279 - 28/07/2004 16:18 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

I just released 1.1.1

Here are the changes since 1.1:

• Added Proxy Support
  • Improved "Snap to Winamp"
  • Fixed bug with "Modern Skins" of winamp
  • Added a scrolling "token" in edit mode to help adjust timestamps

You can get it at the usual place

#228280 - 28/07/2004 22:42 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Just had a chance to try it out this afternoon, and this thing absolutely fucking rocks.

Tony and Patrick, I'm absolutely floored. This is top-notch work.

#228281 - 30/07/2004 20:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1.1 [Re: elperepat]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

cool
i was in training all this week, ill try the proxy bit out on monday. thanks for adding it, and the timestamp bit and the modern skin fix. thanks for everything, actually.

#228282 - 03/08/2004 19:42 SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

Version 1.2 is now available:

• Added ability to submit corrections to lrcDB
  • Added support for Leo's Lyrics website
  • Added Goggle button when "No lyrics are found"
  • Added possibility to highlight more than one line at the time
  • Fixed a bug that id3v1 were created in mp3 file with every save
  • Fixed a problem with submissions to lrcDB when lyrics contained a &

and still more...

You can get it on it's website

#228283 - 03/08/2004 20:25 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

It warms the cockles of my heart to see that list, since some of those were specifically due to my needling.

This plug-in is exceptionally cool, for those who haven't tried it out, do so, it's rather amazing. Its lyric-finding ability is just as good as EvilLyrics was, and you can time-stamp very easily and submit them to lrcdb with just a few clicks.

#228284 - 03/08/2004 21:40 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
My bias here is obvious, but nevertheless, let me say that this plugin is the king. 1000+ lyrics in the lrcDB after just two weeks would have NEVER happened without this thing, and it's only gotten better. Tagging lyrics is almost effortless now, and the integration with lrcDB is even better than I'd imagined it'd be.

So yeah, go download this now.

#228285 - 05/08/2004 19:28 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tonyc]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
I just sent a corrected lyric up to lrcDB after I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. The track was U2's Grace from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Was that due to the album title length? So now there are two copies of Grace, the only difference being the album. Is corrections still being worked on? How about if the same user uploads the track, it replaces the previous entry? Also it seems a bit misleading in the SYLT plugin saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB". I noticed it has a yellow dot when there is a lyric there already, but before I realized that I was a bit worried about submitting a lyric.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#228286 - 05/08/2004 20:00 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. Was that due to the album title length?

No, it was because the peron who submitted it didn't have his MP3s tagged properly. Personally, I wouldn't trust those. Someone who doesn't bother to fill out the album name for a track might not have checked to make sure the words in the lyric were right, either.

Early on in the history of LRCdb, there was a bug that caused album titles with quotes to be parsed wrong and would cause "(non-album track)" to appear, but that bug has been fixed for a couple weeks now.

#228287 - 05/08/2004 20:12 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
Waterman981
old hand

Well since I submitted the previous lyric, and didn't change anything except upload it with 1.2... I've also just noticed with 1.2 that if you have timestamps out of order, such as a blank line, it doesn't move the line to the correct place with the timestamp like it used to. It does move all lines if you have one line stamped multiple times however.

#040103696 on a shelf

#228288 - 05/08/2004 20:19 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I just sent a corrected lyric up to lrcDB after I noticed that a couple lyrics showed "(non-album track)" for the album. The track was U2's Grace from All That You Can't Leave Behind. Was that due to the album title length? So now there are two copies of Grace, the only difference being the album. Is corrections still being worked on? How about if the same user uploads the track, it replaces the previous entry? Also it seems a bit misleading in the SYLT plugin saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB". I noticed it has a yellow dot when there is a lyric there already, but before I realized that I was a bit worried about submitting a lyric.

I'll delete the "non-album track" version. I'm not sure what happened there, that was uploaded awhile back and lrcDB has been evolving. The correction feature is new, but I haven't found any bugs with it yet. Patrick and I talked about the "if the same user uploads it, replace the entry" and may implement it, but it's not there yet. Currently all corrections (even if it's you) require an admin to go in and look at it, which is no big deal for now, as the volume is reasonable.

What is misleading about saying "Submit Correction to lrcDB?" That's what it's doing. It's seeing that the track already exists, and if you choose to continue, will submit it as a correction instead of a new track. Makes sense, right?

BTW, I deleted the non-album copy of Grace. Thanks for uploading ATYCLB.

#228289 - 05/08/2004 20:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: Waterman981]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Did you submit the previous lyric a week or two ago when LRCdb still had the quote bug? Did the album title have any quotes in it?

Edit: Duh, I should have looked closer, yeah, that's what happened. The album name had "Can't" in it. The single quote induced the bug. You must have done it before Ynot fixed the bug.

#228290 - 05/08/2004 20:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2 [Re: tfabris]
Waterman981
old hand

Gotcha. That was throwing me for a loop because I know my MP3's are tagged properly.

#040103696 on a shelf

#228291 - 06/08/2004 04:14 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
Glen_L

Loc: Elk Grove, CA
Patrick,

Any chance of adding a menu feature to strip off trailing commas and any extra spaces at the end of lines?

Thanks for all your hard work.

#228292 - 06/08/2004 06:10 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I'm loving my Auto-Click-As-You-Sing. Thanks for implementing it, makes a great program even better.

I noticed when I installed that it's got what appears to be Tony's testing site listed as the lrcdb address. I changed it before I tried to log on or submit anything, so I don't if it has any effect.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Matthew

#228293 - 06/08/2004 07:41 Triming punctuation [Re: Glen_L]
elperepat
enthusiast

That's something I was talking about with TonyC. It will be an option in next release...

#228294 - 06/08/2004 07:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: matthew_k]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
Tony's testing site listed as the lrcdb address.

That's strange, a search in the source returns no match for this.... The .ini isn't supplied in the install for that reason.... Where is it taking that from?? I'll continue to look for that one... Thanks for pointing out...

Quote:
I'm loving my Auto-Click-As-You-Sing.

Glad you asked for it... I'm also using it full time now :-)

#228295 - 06/08/2004 15:24 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Quote:
That's strange, a search in the source returns no match for this.... The .ini isn't supplied in the install for that reason.... Where is it taking that from?? I'll continue to look for that one... Thanks for pointing out...

I upgraded right on top of whatever version I had in the past. Perhaps it came from an older version? No need for concern really, once the tonyc.org site woudln't let me register I went and found the real one easily.

Matthew

#228296 - 06/08/2004 15:39 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: matthew_k]
elperepat
enthusiast

OK, that's it, v1.0 had that "bug". If you hadn't change that, it was the default value at that time. TonyC pointed it out to me and I corrected it in the release after.

#228297 - 20/08/2004 00:28 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Suggestions/Bugs, in order of importance to me:

I don't know that it's fixable, but it appears that seeking in the song causes the times to get off. I think you mentioned this before. You ought to put it in the readme if you can't fix it. Unless it's there and I missed it.

I can time better with buttondown events than buttonup. Can you change that or make it an option?

In the Click-as-you-sing mode, if you click the existing timestamp, it replaces the timestamp. If you click on a line that already has a timestamp somewhere other than the timestamp, it adds an additional one.

Ctrl-Arrows, I think, would be more intuitive for time tweaking than Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B.

You've misspelled "subtract" as "substract" in many places.

I think the edit mode would be easier to read if it were in columns rather than having the timestamp jammed right next to the lyrics.

#228298 - 20/08/2004 01:30 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Another...

The plug-in seems to have odd docking behavior. Sometimes when I try to move the plug-in on my screen, it moves Winamp around too. I usually have menu hidden if that makes a differance.

#228299 - 20/08/2004 02:02 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
[...]it appears that seeking in the song causes the times to get off

Already in the "Known issues" section..... It's more of a winamp bug.... I ask winamp to seek at a specific time, and it doesn't give repeatable results...

Quote:
I can time better with buttondown events than buttonup. Can you change that or make it an option

That's a wanted feature... Sometimes, I click too soon. I just release the button later. You can always "offset the timing in the settings if your "lag" is constant. The new 1.2.1 version coming have the Insert key act as click, and this is done on keypress... I might take a look if I can make the mouse customizable...

Quote:
In the Click-as-you-sing mode, if you click the existing timestamp, it replaces the timestamp. If you click on a line that already has a timestamp somewhere other than the timestamp, it adds an additional one.

That's also the intended behaviour.... You can place multiple timestamp on lines. The plugin "flatten" the lyrics when saving by duplicating the lines with multiple timestamps. Useful for repeating chorus...

Quote:
Ctrl-Arrows, I think, would be more intuitive for time tweaking than Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B.

Good Idea... Noted...

Quote:
I think the edit mode would be easier to read if it were in columns rather than having the timestamp jammed right next to the lyrics.

That's something I was thinking about, but it's easier for me to do it that way: importing lrc files, getting lyrics from lrcdb, etc.... But I'll see if I can do anything...

Typos Noted...

Thanks for the comments :-)

#228300 - 20/08/2004 02:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
when I try to move the plug-in on my screen, it moves Winamp around too

Oh, That's a new one for me... Do you use Modern skins? Latest winamp version?

...and 1.2.1 have a few improvements for docking as well. It might fix this.

Maybe I'll released it this weekend...

#228301 - 20/08/2004 20:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Okay, more:

It'd be nice if I could use the mouse to move around in the file and to click-to-time without having to switch modes. Maybe let right-click or middle-click do the time function when in normal mode?

When editing, it'd be nice if I could add a line and have the marker still keep up with the lyric as tagged. That is, if I add a new line now, the marker gets one line behind.

If you're in edit mode and load a new track, the old lyrics remain. This is disconcerting.

#228302 - 20/08/2004 21:41 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: wfaulk]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
if I could use the mouse to move around in the file and to click-to-time without having to switch modes.

Don't remember if it did work in 1.2, but try this: right-left click on the "token column" in edit mode, as you would do in "Sing Mode" It should seek correctly... This Right-Left combination has been replaced in 1.2.1 by middle-click.

Quote:
it'd be nice if I could add a line and have the marker still keep up with the lyric as tagged.

Done in 1.2.1 via Menu: "Reformat Lyrics"... Will be released shortly :-)

Quote:
If you're in edit mode and load a new track, the old lyrics remain. This is disconcerting.

This is how it should work..... If you do save then, the lyrics are saved to the correct file (the previous one)... There are not a lot of other way of doing this... I think... You wouldn't want the plugin to flush the Edited lyrics, just because Winamp skipped to the next track in your playlist.... I don't think saving without User intervention is something I want... Any other Idea... I might stop the "Token" scrolling though. Yes...

#228303 - 20/08/2004 21:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Good point. I was editing one at a time, with a single track in the playlist and then double-clicking to edit a new track. You're right. Maybe just some way to point out that you had started editing this while listening to another track.

#228304 - 22/08/2004 11:48 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
One idea I had for when your in the normal mode maybe have it so when you press and hold Ctrl down and click a line it acts as the Click-As-You-Sing click. Other then that love the plugin works great!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#228305 - 22/08/2004 13:38 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

First, I'd like to know more about the situation you would use this because I don't see the point right now. Let me explain: If you're in Sing-Mode. You're playing the song and somehow, a line is late. You would Ctrl-click on it? It's already too late, No? And if you know that you'll need to click on it, why not go in Edit-Mode to do this?

I really like the distinction between Sing-Mode and Edit-Mode: There's no reason to be concerned to "modify" anything as long as you're in Sing-Mode. What you're asking is to change that behaviour and I reluctant to do this.

BUT, I guess it wouldn't be difficult to do something like: When you press Ctrl-Click, the plugin switch to Edit-Mode and then do what you ask for: insert or modify the timestamp on that line.

How would it be?

#228306 - 22/08/2004 15:46 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Ok let me see if I can explain what I mean better.. What I do is go thru the song and do the clicks on all the lines to set the time stamps then leave that click mode and just stay in regular edit mode. I play the song one more time to adjust the times by a sec or so as needed and every once in a while I need to add a new line and it would be nice while in that mode to just press ctrl+click to get the time stamp entered in with out having to activate that mode. saves me from having to pause the song turn on the click mode and then turn the song back on. Now I have only been using this program for like 1 day so there may be some function already I dont know about. Just thought I would mention what I thought would be cool. Hope this explains what i mean better. let me know if not.
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#228307 - 22/08/2004 17:01 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

Very clear now. What confused me in your previous post was normal mode.

It's so clear now that it's already included in the soon-to-be-released(c) 1.2.1 version. When in "Edit-Mode", if Ctrl is pressed, the plugin will act as if "Click-as-you-Sing" was selected: Left click, Right-Left , Left-Right and Middle will work.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#228308 - 22/08/2004 17:41 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Cool! Thanks! This is SOOOO much easier to use then anything else ive tried. I wouldnt bother with the lyrics if it wasnt for your plugin. I tried one the hard way copying from azlyrics.com and then play pause play pause to get the time for each line. gave up real quick wasnt worth it. with your plugin I got 10 mp3s done in less then a couple hours. was also my first time using it so I was learning as i went

#228309 - 22/08/2004 18:53 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
elperepat
enthusiast

Glad you like it!

I started the project by mimicing a plugin I was using long ago. But since then, with automatic Internet retrieval and a lot of user requests, it's getting better and better ;-) Sometimes, I'm amazed myself how well it does ;-)

Usually, I can do lyrics by listening to the song only twice, sometimes, a third time if it's a fast one. Once to add the rough timestamps, and the second time, I adjust them with Right-Left and Left-Right buttons depending of the lag/lead of the "token". Sometimes, I get bored easily and don't feel listening the same song twice, so I roughly timestamp the songs, save them and adjust the timestamps the day after. In all, it takes about the same time as if I listened the album twice. Not that bad.

Thanks for the comments! If you have other suggestion(s), don't hesitate.

Patrick

#228310 - 23/08/2004 00:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Patrick,(or anyone who knows)what is maximum number of letters/characters that can fit on one line?

#228311 - 23/08/2004 11:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: newguy1]
elperepat
enthusiast

I'm not aware of any limitation in the SYLT format.

For the plugin, I tried 1000 chars and all is fine. When I tried to double the line length, I just hit a wall: max line length seems to be 1024 chars...

And, as I thought, the maximum length of whole lyrics the plugin is able to handle is 65536 chars, the max size of a string in VB...

The first limit you'll have is the display. You'll have to decrease font size to see that much: at font size 8, I'm able to see 210 chars. In 6, there's about 320 chars visible on screen (at 1280*1024), but I'm not able to read... If you plan to use these lyrics on emphatic, the display will limit you there too.

Do you plan to use the plugin for something else than lyrics??

#228312 - 24/08/2004 00:34 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
newguy1
enthusiast

Loc: Massachusetts,USA
Quote:
max line length seems to be 1024 chars...

Thanks

Quote:
Do you plan to use the plugin for something else than lyrics??

No but I have a crazy idea i'm thinking of doing
Also ,is the plugin able to do horizontal scrolling of lyrics in winamp?

#228313 - 24/08/2004 00:39 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: newguy1]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
is the plugin able to do horizontal scrolling of lyrics in winamp?

No,

It's something I plan to do sometime, but not a priority for now. The SYLT frame is supporting it, but the way I do the highlighting, I cannot do it right now (I must highlight a complete line). Also, I think that emphatic is not supporting it (Tony?) and I don't know how such lyrics would show in it.

Sorry

#228314 - 24/08/2004 00:53 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Also, I think that emphatic is not supporting it (Tony?) and I don't know how such lyrics would show in it.

If you mean the thing where it highlights each word, no, emphatic doesn't support that. I personally think time-tagging each word is overkill.

Horizontal scrolling of the existing lyrics is, of course, supported, but it's done on a line-by-line basis, not a word-by-word basis. I kinda thought that's what the original question was (whether the plugin could support horizontal scrolling line-by-line the way emphatic does.) I personally don't think it's as needed in the plugin, as we don't have such a short display area to work with in WinAMP as we do on the empeg.

#228315 - 24/08/2004 01:03 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: tonyc]
elperepat
enthusiast

Tonyc:
Thanks for the clarification...

It's what I think, but sometimes, it would be good to be able to tag a before and after a looooooong word at the end of a line. But as you say, it's sometime even difficult to tag each line, let alone each word.

newguy1:
Oh, and did you mean horizontal scrolling? answer is still no ;-) and I never even thought of doing it. But now that I think about it ..... ..... .... not for the next version though.

#228316 - 24/08/2004 13:48 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

New version finally up 1.2.1 :

• Added menu "Reformat Lyrics" to recalculate token and flatten lyrics in "Edit Mode"
  • Added confirmation popup before submitting correction to lrcDB
  • Changed keyboard Shortcuts to adjust timestamps: Ctrl-Up and Ctrl-Down (instead of Ctrl-A and Ctrl-B)
  • Pressing Ctrl key enable "Click-and-Sing" momentarly in Edit-Mode
  • Insert key now add timestamp (like click in Click-and-Sing)
  • Fix titlebar weirdness when switching to/from Edit-Mode
  • New option "Trim Lyrics Lines" removes " " , "," and "." from beginning and end of lines
  • Improved multi-monitor support
  • Warning message when in Edit-Mode and playing song change
  • Error message when file is Read-Only
  • Changed method of determining that winamp is exiting

[edit]
Woohoo! Green: 100th post :-)

Edited by elperepat (24/08/2004 21:58)

#228317 - 24/08/2004 20:44 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Added confirmation popup before submitting to lrcDB

I didn't see this happen when I did my lyric submission with this new version?

Although everything seemed to work fine, even when I submitted a correction. The title bar said it was a duplicate and then flashed that it was submitted it as a correction. So that'a cool. But was it also supposed to prompt me then?

Anyway, another thing I've noticed is that when I play the whole song from the beginning (in lyric-scrolling mode, not in edit mode), it starts off OK but then slowly gets desynchronized from the actual song playback. So that by the time you get to the third verse, the lyrics are getting higlighted 1-2 seconds too late.

It's been doing that from day one, but I never reported it because the important thing, the actual tagging of the lyrics, is correct. The lyrics are timed perfectly when I'm tagging them, and when I'm playing them back in emphatic on the empeg car player. It's only on playback in the SYLT plugin that they slowly creep off time.

#228318 - 24/08/2004 21:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

You forgot my favorite feature, the Insert key can now be used to insert timestamps instead of the mouse button.

Also, Tony, I think Patrick meant there's a confirmation when submitting a correction, not submitting a new song. I don't think a confirmation for submitting a new song is necessary.

#228319 - 24/08/2004 21:49 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
elperepat
enthusiast

My mistake, it's before submitting correction to lrcDB. I'll edit all the docs... again...

As for creeping, that's something I'll have to do more test with to pinpoint the culprit.

#228320 - 24/08/2004 22:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I also did not get a confirmation box when submitting a correction.

I was submitting a correction to the same song I'd submitted about 10 minutes prior, but I wasn't asked any questions, it just flashed in the title bar that it was submitting a correction

#228321 - 24/08/2004 23:05 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
elperepat
enthusiast

Ok... got it: The "Cut" is above lrcDB, isn't it?

That's a bug... it'll be corrected in next release...

#228322 - 25/08/2004 04:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Finally got around to downloading Winamp and this plugin. Problem is, if I click settings, I get:
Run-time error '713'

Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine :msstdfmt.dll

I downloaded it and put it in c:\windows\system32 and winamp\plugins\sylt lyrics plugin folder and still have the same error. Any suggestions? This is with 1.2.2 RC1

*edit*

Right, Windows DLL hell, almost been on OS X long enough to forget it
C:\WINDOWS\system32\regsvr32.exe Msstdfmt.dll
fixed the problem. Any reason the installer isn't doing this?

Edited by drakino (25/08/2004 04:55)

#228323 - 25/08/2004 12:15 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: drakino]
elperepat
enthusiast

Quote:
Any reason the installer isn't doing this?

Because I didn't even know it was needed... :-) I'll try to do something for that...

Quote:
This is with 1.2.2 RC1

How did you get that?? I have a leak with my Beta-tester?!? :-)
Just kidding...

OK, from now on, the dll will be in a separate .zip on the server. For those having difficulties, you might check it. It should contain *all* the required dependencies... I hope...Beside VBRun600... :-/

#228324 - 25/08/2004 17:20 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Quote:
This is with 1.2.2 RC1

How did you get that?? I have a leak with my Beta-tester... TonyC ?!? :-)

SYLT_Lyrics_Plugin_1.2.1c.exe was the file I downloaded, so the version inside was a bit of a suprise.

#228325 - 25/08/2004 17:45 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: drakino]
elperepat
enthusiast

*Smash head on table*

Effectivly, I'm building new "testing" versions in the winamp folder, and then I used it to redo the 1.2.1c (and now d). Still another thing to think about......

1.2.1e.exe will have the right version, in a minute, not that 1.2.2RC1 is that bad... but not official.... (ie, I had a flicker problem in it...)

#228326 - 27/08/2004 23:21 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Recently Ive had a couple instances while adding the lyrics and timestamps to a file Ill hit save and then I may make some changes to the mp3 tags like update artist track number etc and then close the file and reopen it and all the work I did to the lyrics and timestamps is gone and its searching the net for them again. Is it possible that when you click save that there be a temp txt file your plugin uses to save them to that as well so if this happens I could click a recover last lyrics or something? and when you click save again that file is just overwritten with that songs?

#228327 - 28/08/2004 15:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I may make some changes to the mp3 tags like update artist track number etc and then close the file and reopen it and all the work I did to the lyrics and timestamps is gone

Right. Because whatever tag editor you're using is wiping out the lyric. Bad editor, go to your room.

It's possible that your editor might have a "preserve existing frames" setting that you merely need to activate, and this problem will go away.

Quote:
Is it possible that when you click save that there be a temp txt file your plugin uses to save them to that as well so if this happens I could click a recover last lyrics or something?

Yes, this feature exists. It's called "sumbit to lrcdb". That's where the temp txt file is saved: On the lrcdb site.

#228328 - 28/08/2004 16:46 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
SonicSnoop
addict

Im just using winamp, right click the entry in the playlist and view file info. The problem is tho if I change some of the tags in the file and not close and reopen it when I submit my lyrics to lrcdb it submits it with the original tags and not the ones I changed. I have tried to make a habit of updating the tags, closing the file, then doing the lyrics. but sometimes i forget. ive got 16 ive submited so far. 3 of em ive had to do over cause of this issue. im not blaming the plugin, i was just hoping to have a local backup of somekind to make things a lil easier in case of it.

#228329 - 28/08/2004 16:50 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Gotcha, yeah, winamp will destroy the lyric tag.

I've gotten to the point where I don't let an MP3 file anywhere near my collection until after it's gotten its tags perfect. So the problem you describe doesn't happen to me.

Anyway, the beauty of lrcdb is that if you destroy the lyric, it's just a couple of clicks to get it back. Just remember to submit to lrcdb when you're done tagging the lyric.

#228330 - 07/09/2004 04:36 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Uh, looks like I've found a bug. I have a lot of mp3s with ID3 tags written by EAC. The SYLT plugin seems to be incorrectly interpreting them when trying to get data from lrcdb.

For example, a couple of the tags might look like this:
Code:
TIT2(00)(00)(00)(09)(00)(00)(00)La CercaTPE1(00)(00)(00)(07)(00)(00)(00)SpartaTALB(00)(00)(00)(10)(00)(00)(00)Porcelain

where the two-digit numbers inside parentheses describe unprintable bytes in decimal.

For some reason, the SYLT plugin is asking lrcdb for "(00)La Cerca" instead of just "La Cerca". At first, I thought that the ID3 tags were wrong, that the null terminator existed at the beginning of the text instead of the end, but the ID3v2.3 spec doesn't require null termination on strings and the leading one is actually stating that the text is in ISO-8859-1 and not Unicode.

I think that the SYLT plugin is somehow forgetting to interpret the encoding byte and including it in the text string itself.

Reference: ID3v2.3 spec §4.2

To deconstruct the first frame there:

TIT2 : frame type
(00)(00)(00)(09) : frame data size
(00)(00) : flags
<-- End of frame header -->
(00) : text encoding
La Cerca : actual textual data

#228331 - 07/09/2004 14:31 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

I think he's using ID3lib for his tag parsing, so the bug would probably be in there. Is ID3lib open source, or is it just a black box binary?

#228332 - 07/09/2004 14:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I think he's using ID3lib for his tag parsing, so the bug would probably be in there. Is ID3lib open source, or is it just a black box binary?

It's open-source, but it's carp. We ditched it for emplode way way way back.

Edit: Although, having said that, it did cope with ordinary TIT2 tags.

Edited by Roger (07/09/2004 14:50)

#228333 - 08/09/2004 15:11 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: Roger]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Quote:
It's open-source, but it's carp.

:P

#228334 - 09/09/2004 01:07 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: wfaulk]
elperepat
enthusiast

Hi!

I'm sorry for the long delay without reply: real life is getting back on me. I'm doing roofing on my house, trying to make the chimney watertight, etc...

It's possible that I don't call vbid3lib the right way, or maybe I don't interpret the result returned correctly, or maybe id3lib is wrong. I tend to say that before, but I was wrong, so I assume it must be me ;-) I'm asking again: Anybody got an alternative for me?? I'm not that much attached to id3lib... The only "drawback" is that it must be availble from VB6.

I'm planning to work back on the plugin in a week or two. I'll check that out. Don't despair! ;-)

Patrick

#228335 - 11/09/2004 13:11 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: elperepat]
SonicSnoop
addict

Is there any way to edit the songs tags with out loosing the lyrics? I want to go back thru my mp3s and remove everything in the comment fields and set the genres to what I think they should be, but dont want too loose all the work I have done to em. I know with winamp I loose the lyrics.

#228336 - 11/09/2004 15:38 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

yeah. dont use winamp to edit your tags. its got that nasty problem.

#228337 - 11/09/2004 15:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Try MP3 Tag Studio and see if it works. You might have to set one of its options in order to preserve the existing ID3V2 tag frames.

#228338 - 23/09/2004 14:48 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
Of course, now I will have to get my PC with emplode etc on it connected to the outside world, because I can't upload these blimming .lrc files otherwise.

Ah well....
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock

#228339 - 05/10/2004 09:51 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: elperepat]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Is there any way to get the plugin to not launch everytime I run Winamp? I've poked around but don't see a setting other than uninstalling.

#228340 - 05/10/2004 15:37 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.1 [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
elperepat
enthusiast

No... and it's a good point.

It'll be in the next version...

Thanks for the idea!

#228341 - 05/10/2004 16:47 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.2.1 [Re: tfabris]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
Try MP3 Tag Studio and see if it works. You might have to set one of its options in order to preserve the existing ID3V2 tag frames.

You really should check out MP3 Book Helper . It let me tag hundreds of CDs in very little time. It supports regular expressions for renaming, extraction of tags from the filename, etc. VERY cool program. And free.

And I know nobody else here probably nas much need for it, but for me, the fact that it FULLY supports unicode tagging is a HUGE win. Russian, Japanese, it doesn't care. It just builds the tag.

Also does lyrics tagging for ID3v2 and OGG.

#228342 - 17/10/2004 00:46 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.3.0 [Re: elperepat]
elperepat
enthusiast

Now available

Here are the latest changes

-Fix bug with corrections to lrcDB (TonyF)
-Check for new version: Once a week, popup only once for each version. Manual check via help menu
-Changed "Hide Scrollbar" to "Hide scrollbar if lyrics are synced" (NicoB1981's request)
-Added support for USLT frame in id3v2 (NicoB1981's request)
-Added new Option "Allow saving even if not in Edit Mode" for Dial-Up users (RJ-45's Request)
-Changed a few shortcut keys to more standard ones (Save, Edit, Add, Subtract)
-Fixed AllTheLyrics not working anymore
-Fixed bug to greatly improve Leo's Lyrics
-Added Insert timestamp Timing on Mouse Down (Wfaulk's request)
-Fixed "Remove Timestamp" not working on last line
-Added support for EvilLyrics (Waterman981's request)
-Added option "Start with Winamp" (SE_Sport_Driver's request)

As always, keep the bugs reports and suggestions coming :-)

#228343 - 17/10/2004 00:55 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.3.0 [Re: elperepat]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Too cool. Thanks very much for all the work you do on this great program.

#228344 - 17/10/2004 00:57 Re: SYLT Lyrics Plugin 1.3.0 [Re: tfabris]
elperepat
enthusiast

As long as I'll use it and see the point to improve it, I'll do!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >