Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#230106 - 08/08/2004 07:03 Car Stolen
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
My Mazda 323 parked in my driveway was stolen sometime between last night and early morning.

I know it was there 12am last night, I had a few friends over to watch the rugby, they left around midnight, I checked the car alarm led was flashing in my car.

I woke up today Sunday morning at around 9am, had breakfast, turned on the TV, just planning what I was going to do today, decided to go to my fiancé’s at 10.30am.
Weird as it is I didn't notice my car was missing as I was walking around the house in the morning; it's not something I instinctively do; look out the window to see if my car is there.

So I walk outside at around 10.20am with keys in hand, notice no car, thoughts rushing through my head, did I leave it somewhere? Park it on the street? Eventually it dawned on me it was stolen right out of my driveway, which is approx 20m long, the car was alarmed, and had a big bore exhaust on it, so it seems like a professional hit.

Well at least my empeg is here sitting on my desk...
I started calculating the cost, items in the car were worth more than the car itself. 16" Mag wheels, 1 x Pioneer DEHP9600 head unit, 1 x Pioneer 12CD Changer, 2 x amps, 1 x 12" sub, .5 farad stiffening cap, 1pair 6" rear mid range JBL speakers, 4 x infinity tweeters, with crossover units, 1 pair front JBL mid range speakers, 1 x Parrot Bluetooth carkit, 1 x USB GPS unit (used with my ipaq)
1 x empeg sled, 1 x empeg original tuner.

the thought of the last two items gone leaves me reeling, I consider them more valuable than the other items, especially the tuner unit!!...

Well I left a report with the police, and will get the insurance claim form tomorrow.
I don’t care if they find the car gutted, I just hope they find it with the sled and tuner attached so I at least can recover them, well here's hoping.

#230107 - 08/08/2004 07:18 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
RobotCaleb
pooh-bah

Loc: Austin
that sucks
good luck

#230108 - 08/08/2004 08:46 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
number6
old hand

Loc: In The Village or sometimes: A...
Quote:
My Mazda 323 parked in my driveway was stolen sometime between last night and early morning.

I know it was there 12am last night, I had a few friends over to watch the rugby, they left around midnight, I checked the car alarm led was flashing in my car.

I woke up today Sunday morning at around 9am, had breakfast, turned on the TV, just planning what I was going to do today, decided to go to my fiancé’s at 10.30am.
Weird as it is I didn't notice my car was missing as I was walking around the house in the morning; it's not something I instinctively do; look out the window to see if my car is there.

So I walk outside at around 10.20am with keys in hand, notice no car, thoughts rushing through my head, did I leave it somewhere? Park it on the street? Eventually it dawned on me it was stolen right out of my driveway, which is approx 20m long, the car was alarmed, and had a big bore exhaust on it, so it seems like a professional hit.

Well at least my empeg is here sitting on my desk...
I started calculating the cost, items in the car were worth more than the car itself. 16" Mag wheels, 1 x Pioneer DEHP9600 head unit, 1 x Pioneer 12CD Changer, 2 x amps, 1 x 12" sub, .5 farad stiffening cap, 1pair 6" rear mid range JBL speakers, 4 x infinity tweeters, with crossover units, 1 pair front JBL mid range speakers, 1 x Parrot Bluetooth carkit, 1 x USB GPS unit (used with my ipaq)
1 x empeg sled, 1 x empeg original tuner.

the thought of the last two items gone leaves me reeling, I consider them more valuable than the other items, especially the tuner unit!!...

Hey JaBZ, sorry to hear about your car - pretty nice one it was too.

Well, if the car isn't found (and given the extras on your car I doubt it) don't fret about the sled, I have a spare (original Mk2) sled with harness I can sell you - and I'll even throw in free delivery across town.

re: Tuner - as luck would have it I have just received (1 week ago) two Tuner kits from Patrick - I can sell you one - you can put it together.

Actually, why don't I give you both kits and you assemble both (one for me, one for you) and pay for the second one :-) ?

Let me know if you want either parts from me.

#230109 - 08/08/2004 13:42 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Yes that totally sucks. Will your insurance pay for all the extra stuff or just the car ?

Matt

#230110 - 08/08/2004 21:10 Re: Car Stolen [Re: number6]
JaBZ
addict

thanks number6,
we'll discuss it via email..

cheers

#230111 - 08/08/2004 21:15 Re: Car Stolen [Re: msaeger]
JaBZ
addict

Well I had agreed value so some of it will be covered.
It's just a big PITA, I did want to purchase another car but not right now...

#230112 - 16/08/2004 13:59 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
Cybjorg
addict

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
I have a friend who woke up one morning to find that all of the outside storage compartments on all of the neighborhood townhouses had been broken into - all but his. He was considering himself very fortunate until he realized that the crooks had stolen his car to carry away all of their loot!

I know that doesn't help your situation any, but the story just came to mind.

#230113 - 16/08/2004 17:13 Re: Car Stolen [Re: Cybjorg]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
My car was broken into a while back luckly I left a door unlocked cause its a vert and just had a brand new top put on it. guy tried to pull my stereo out but couldnt, gave up with it hanging half out of my dash. stole a bunch of cds. Tho he was nice enuff to use my ash tray for his cigarette while in there. luckly I didnt have my empeg then. the thought of loosing anything related to that makes my stomach twist in knots. I hope they can recover those items/car for you.
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#230114 - 16/08/2004 17:42 Re: Car Stolen [Re: SonicSnoop]
Cybjorg
addict

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
When I drove a convertable ('72 Buick Centurion - it was a boat), I just left the doors unlocked. I figured that if anyone wanted in bad enough, they would come through the roof, which would cost more to replace than anything inside that heap.

#230115 - 18/08/2004 17:10 Re: Car Stolen [Re: Cybjorg]
music
addict

Quote:
When I drove a convertable I just left the doors unlocked.

I hope you left the roof down, too. Evidently, many car thieves are such total idiots that they slash the roof before they even realize that the doors are unlocked.

I had a vinyl soft top for a Jeep stolen once. However, the morons neglected to steal all the little metal braces and rods necessary to make it work. They just took the vinyl. I left the rest of the stuff out in the floor of the jeep for a couple weeks afterward, but they never came back for it....

Similarly, after my (empty, unlocked) Jeep glovebox was jimmied 2 or 3 times, I started leaving the glovebox door conspicuously dangling open overnight. Apparently, it is more hassle to check to see if it is unlocked, than to just stick in a crowbar, twist, and walk on by.

#230116 - 18/08/2004 17:16 Re: Car Stolen [Re: music]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I had a friend who had a Jeep CJ with a vinyl cover. It got broken into one day. The thieves sliced through the vinyl with a knife. Instead of, you know, unzipping it.

#230117 - 18/08/2004 19:05 Re: Car Stolen [Re: Cybjorg]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Oh I hear that. I just had to replace the entire top. $1,000 just to have my frame sandblasted new metal welded in and then powder coated. another couple thou for all the wooden beams, cables, padding, headliner and canvas top, window frame and glass window. I could have bought two engines for that car for how much the top cost me. plus the weeks worth of pain installing it all. If anyone slashes it I swear I will hunt them down and who knows what ill do when i catch em
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#230118 - 21/08/2004 23:26 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
JaBZ
addict

Well they found the car, went to have a look at the tow yard. It was on blocks and totally stripped out, ignition broken, no seats, no steering wheel, all car stereo equipment, they even ripped out the wiring and fuse box. Took the rear wing, side mirrors, fog lights, front rally bumper, stabiliser bar..

Heard from the insurance company that it is indeed a write off, paper work on it's way..

#230119 - 21/08/2004 23:44 Re: Car Stolen [Re: JaBZ]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
At least you won't have to deal with getting it fixed

Matt