Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#234836 - 24/09/2004 01:51 New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem
boomertoo55
new poster

Don't know if this is the correct forum for a Sonic Blue Rio receiver problem but thought I would give it a try. I recently switched out my router to a Linksys and now cannot get the Receiver to connect to the Server. I get "Searching for Music Server" message and then IP of 169.254.112.246. I have tried the following:
- Re-installed V 1.03 of Server software - Nope
- Installed a 10BaseT hub between the Server and the Receiver and set the Network speed to 10 Mbs - Nope
- Installed a crossover cable between the Server and Receiver and set the Server network speed to 10 Mbs (note that I tried to figure out how to give the Receiver an IP address but could not) - Nope

Running Win2K w/ Linksys Router, Linksys 4 Port Switch+ USB Print Server and 10 Mbs hub.

Help, running out of options (other than to throw it out the window!).

#234837 - 24/09/2004 12:32 Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem [Re: boomertoo55]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes, this is the right forum, but that's a stumper. You tried all the things we would have suggested to fix the problem.

One other thing to try. You said you used a 10baseT hub between the server and the receiver. Did you try hooking everything back up to the linksys router, but with the 10baseT hub between the receiver and the router?

#234838 - 24/09/2004 13:17 Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
One other thing to try.

Yeah, what he said: leave the computer plugged into the router and connect the Receiver to the router via a cheap hub -- i.e. the Receiver goes into one port, and the hub's uplink port goes to the router.

It looks like the Receiver's not getting an IP address from your DHCP server. I assume that you're using a DHCP server provided by your router?

The other thing we normally check is that the Receiver's getting Ethernet (as opposed to PNA) link. Can you include _all_ of the text from the screen of the Receiver with a failed boot? Which lights are lit on the back of the Receiver?

#234839 - 25/09/2004 04:30 Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem [Re: Roger]
boomertoo55
new poster

Thanks for your help, I got the Receiver to show a lan address after searching for over a minute for the Server. Putting the hub directly between the router and the Receiver worked. However, that's as far as I get with the Receiver. The Receiver seems frozen at the IP-Subnet Mask-Gateway banner screen. The Server note in the tray is still red and shows "No Units".

So I took a baby step but now don't know the next step. Is there a router setting I should try?

Suggestions?

Thanks for your replies.

#234840 - 29/12/2004 18:05 Re: New Member w/ Sonic Blue Rio Receiver Connection Problem [Re: boomertoo55]
Otis
new poster

Did you ever get your problem resolved? I'm having exactly the same issue -- but with a Dell badged unit that was working great but suddenly quit. Three other units on my network continue to work perfectly....