Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#236195 - 01/10/2004 17:11 jemplode novice having problems with v69
Mataglap
enthusiast

When synchronizing, more often than not, something hangs at 20% of "Update All Music". Eventually jEmplode says "lost connection". As long as I've waited, the player never times out, and I have to kill the pid, which seems to cause other problems with refcount=0 error messages for many items.

I realize this is a bit vague, but I'm not sure what else to tell you, because I'm pretty much clueless about anything other than the very basic usage of jEmplode. Player version is 3alpha7, and almost all of the songs are oggs.

I pretty much don't do anything fancy with playlists, just the default "Playlists / $Artist / $Album" which looks to me like it corresponds to jEmplode's "All Music"

Any suggestions or ideas?

--Nathan

--Nathan

#236196 - 01/10/2004 20:46 Re: jemplode novice having problems with v69 [Re: Mataglap]
Mataglap
enthusiast

It seems that the quicker I do whatever it is I want to do before starting the sync, the less likely that it will hang.

I'm having another problem -- it's happened more than once today. The empeg is fine, in and out of the car and the dock several times. Fire up jEmplode, do a "refs=0" search, cut a song from the results list. Paste it into the proper playlist in "All Music | $album" Start the sync, everything goes fine, empeg reboots. I close jEmplode. The song is in the proper place on the player. Restart jEmplode, and while it connects to the player, it rebuilds the database, this time on the player but showing a progress bar in jEmplode. After it's done, jEmplode displas an error: "Inconsistency in playlist length. nFids = 15 but pairNum = 4"

#236197 - 02/10/2004 12:03 Re: jemplode novice having problems with v69 [Re: Mataglap]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
I'll try to reproduce this on mine