Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#238514 - 07/03/2005 16:58 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: mtempsch]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Quote:
A chance to see what the pug can do (probably more flike finding my chickenlevel)...

Or maybe see how it takes you to get seriously b*ll*cked for speeding.

What's the law like on someone from another european country getting done for a serious driving offence, like exceeding 100MPH or driving without undue care and attention? The sort of stuff that would usually result in a ban of some sort.

The police over here really don't like people driving like tw*ts (from personal experience).

Andy M

#238515 - 07/03/2005 18:38 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: andym]
mtempsch
pooh-bah

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
[]
Or maybe see how it takes you to get seriously b*ll*cked for speeding.

Even on the track? Then what's the point? Maybe a detour on the way to Amersfoort instead...
But the issue is probably moot as I'll more than likely won't be allowed(for medical reasons) to drive then either...

Quote:
What's the law like on someone from another european country getting done for a serious driving offence, like exceeding 100MPH or driving without undue care and attention? The sort of stuff that would usually result in a ban of some sort.

If it's merely on the fine level I think it stays 'in-country', but if it's the kind that would mean revocation of license and/or possibility of jail, I think it gets reported back home and you'd probably face the wrath there. No idea how it works with redlight or speed cameras.

Quote:
The police over here really don't like people driving like tw*ts (from personal experience).

And rightly so! Activities described above simply doesn't belong on public roads.

#238516 - 07/03/2005 18:56 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: mtempsch]
julf
veteran

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Quote:
If it's merely on the fine level I think it stays 'in-country', but if it's the kind that would mean revocation of license and/or possibility of jail, I think it gets reported back home and you'd probably face the wrath there.

Actually, they have started to implement better european co-operation - in this case to our disadvantage. A number of european countries are now implementing a sceme where they will have your local police fine you for an offense in another EU country.

#238517 - 07/03/2005 19:46 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: julf]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Quote:
A number of european countries are now implementing a sceme where they will have your local police fine you for an offense in another EU country.

Ouch. Here it varries by state on who talks to who. For the most part, any state will tell your home state you didn't pay thus creating a warrant for arrest. But depending on the state nothing more is reported. The tickets I got in Texas never showed up on my Colorado driving record, thus I also saw no insurance increase. All I had to do was pay the one time fine to the appropriate county that I was pulled over in.

#238518 - 07/03/2005 19:49 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: mtempsch]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
On the track is fine, but the open road is usually far more exciting.

I'd just be careful, the police know all the best roads so usually hang out there because they know people will be driving fast. There are several stretches of road round here like that, every time you drive round there you get a patrol car lurking behind a bush or an officer jumps out brandishing a radar gun instead of catching burglars and muggers, but that's another rant altogether....

Andy M

#238519 - 07/03/2005 19:51 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: andym]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
an officer jumps out brandishing a radar gun instead of catching burglars and muggers, but that's another rant altogether....

Didn't somebody try to get out of their speeding ticket by saying he was scared because he thought somebody was trying to shoot him with the gun?

#238520 - 08/03/2005 07:50 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: andym]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Quote:
On the track is fine, but the open road is usually far more exciting.

Trust me track is far more fun you can go way beyond the limit that you could not do on the road.

Sadly can't make either date or amersfoort as off to work on the 1st of may.

Bummer

#238521 - 08/03/2005 12:14 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: thinfourth2]
jmwking
old hand

Loc: Washington, DC metro
Quote:

I guess we can count on a new Alpha release, then!

-jk

#238522 - 10/03/2005 13:59 Re: Possible Scottish Meet - Interest? [Re: jmwking]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Quote:
Quote:

I guess we can count on a new Alpha release, then!

-jk

feck off

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2