Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#240354 - 05/11/2004 19:18 Alpine CDA-7995 cd-mp3 Pre-amp head unit for sale..
Ian Whelan
new poster

Hello,

I am putting my Alpine CDA-7995 mp3 cd player up for sale since I bought my first Empeg recently. It's only a year old and when new, it was one of Alpine's most high end head units (retailing for about $500). It only has a pre-amp, and the 3 sets (front, rear and subwoofer) of pre-amp outputs are 4v and have an external DC-DC converter. It has a nice dot matrix display, detachable motorized angle-able face, XM tuner controls, IR remote, changer controls, optional AUX input, seperate subwoofer output control, Bass engine Plus and Media Xpander processors.

Here are some reviews: http://www.carreview.com/CD,Receivers/Alpine/PRD_164104_2861crx.aspx

It's a great head unit and I love it.... it's quality is second to none. Like I said before, it was one of Alpine's most high end head units a year ago. The sound quality is excellent and it's very tweakable. the Bass Engine software is nice because you can set up delays on the speakers to change your soundstage in relationship to your position in the car. For instance, the closer speakers will have more of a delay than further ones so that the sounds all reach your ears at the same time.

I am sure you can find a lot more information on the head unit on Google. The only reason I am going to sell it is because I bought the Empeg. I can't afford to keep both, so this has to go. It retailed for $500 when new a year ago, and I am looking to get $250 for it or best offer. It comes with everything that was originally with it, including the original box, manual face plate case, wiring, remote, etc.

If I don't sell it here, it will go on ebay, but I would like to avoid ebay fees.

PS. The head unit is fresh from a warranty servicing. I had them look at a problem with distortion in the audio when the bass/treble controls were used, and they gave it a complete once over while it was there. They also happened to find a noisy clutch in the cd player mechanism and replaced that too. So, the unit is still fresh in the plastic it came back in with documentation on the work performed under warranty.

Edited by robricc (05/11/2004 19:22)

#240355 - 05/11/2004 19:24 Re: Alpine CDA-7995 cd-mp3 Pre-amp head unit for sale.. [Re: Ian Whelan]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I just want to add that I know Ian personally. So, if you were wary of buying from someone with 1 post, don't be (in this instance).

#240356 - 05/11/2004 22:20 Re: Alpine CDA-7995 cd-mp3 Pre-amp head unit for sale.. [Re: Ian Whelan]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
Welcome!

#240357 - 13/03/2005 03:26 Re: Alpine CDA-7995 cd-mp3 Pre-amp head unit for sale.. [Re: Ian Whelan]
Aitch
new poster

PM sent......