Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#243309 - 04/12/2004 02:41 1993 Toyota LandCruiser Prado
billius
new poster

Hi all,

Anyone fitted an Emepg into one of these? I'm trying but the sled is too wide... Any ideas? without having to 'make' an adapter (Went down to two car audio places and they cant get anything that fits )

Thanks,

Bill

#243310 - 04/12/2004 07:02 Re: 1993 Toyota LandCruiser Prado [Re: billius]
mdavey
enthusiast

Loc: Wellingborough, UK
Too wide to pass through the fascia, or too wide to fit in the cage behind the fascia?

The Toyota MR2 and Celica use their own cage - two metal plates, one plate is bolted to each side of their own players.

It is possible to modify the plates and the Empeg sled so that the two fit together. I am guessing that other Toyota models use the same/similar setup. In the Celica and MR2, the fascia needs to be modified to allow the Empeg to dock into the sled, also.

See: http://www.riocar.org/modules.php?set_al...=view_album.php and also the Toyota Celica thread in this section of the BBS.
Ex-owner of stolen empeg #030102741

#243311 - 04/12/2004 18:26 Re: 1993 Toyota LandCruiser Prado [Re: mdavey]
billius
new poster

Quote:
Too wide to pass through the fascia, or too wide to fit in the cage behind the fascia?

The sled is too wide to fit the cage and the Empeg it's self wont pass through the hole in the dash.
Quote:

The Toyota MR2 and Celica use their own cage - two metal plates, one plate is bolted to each side of their own players.

Sounds similair. It is similair looking at the plates, but the locating lugs on the Prado are too long, so probably will be best off making new plates.
Quote:

It is possible to modify the plates and the Empeg sled so that the two fit together. I am guessing that other Toyota models use the same/similar setup. In the Celica and MR2, the fascia needs to be modified to allow the Empeg to dock into the sled, also.

I thought about modifying the plates. But that probably wouldn't work, I think I'll have to make some new ones and grind out the space for the sled & make the hole bigger for the empeg itself.

Looks like I'm going to have to do it the hard way ahh well... thanks neway