Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248997 - 11/02/2005 16:22 Pioneer Ipod Wiget
belezeebub
addict

Anyone seen one or heard any more about them yet (see below)

Take Tunes On The Road With Pioneer iPOD Adapter

Most Compatible iPod Adapter Available Makes It Easy for 10 Million iPod Owners to Access Their Music in the Car

Las Vegas, NV January 5, 2005

The 10 million owners of iPod portable music players in the United States can celebrate that a new product introduced today by Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. enables them to play thousands of songs from an iPod® directly through their car stereo. The adapter works with the IP-Bus system in more than 3 million Pioneer car stereos, including all of Pioneer’s new car stereos being introduced at this week’s International Consumer Electronics Show.

“Portable digital music players like the iPod® are no longer a passing trend, but are part of the digital lifestyle. Consumers love their iPod® music and they want to take it with them everywhere, including the car,” said Michael Townsen, director of marketing for mobile entertainment at Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “More than 10 million iPods have been sold since October 2001. Consumers of iPods are also Pioneer mobile product customers seeking a safe way to access that music in the car. Now they can with one quick connection to the CD-IB100.”

Easy to Install/Easy to Use
Through Pioneer’s IP-Bus system, the CD-IB100 is backwards compatible with more than 3 million Pioneer car stereos sold during the past several years. Users will be able to operate their iPods as easily as they would using the stereo unit, by means of the stereo’s front panel controls. Pioneer stereos will display up to eight characters of text including album, artist and song names, with the ability to scroll additional information. While an iPod® is docked to the CD-IB100, the adapter will charge the internal battery of the player so the iPod® will have plenty of juice in the battery when arriving at a final destination.

With select 2005 Pioneer audio video units, the adapter provides enhanced features including multi-line display and list search, taking advantage of the additional display real estate.

Great Sound Quality
The CD-IB100 adapter also takes full advantage of Pioneer’s audio enhancement capabilities such as Easy Equalizer (EEQ) and Bit Media Expander (BMX). Pioneer radios with the built-in EEQ feature let users adjust the sound from their iPod/iTunes device to their audio preference. Units with the BMX feature automatically restore the harmonics lost during recording of compressed music, giving the listener the same warmth and richness found in the original music.

The CD-IB100 adapter will be available in March of 2005 for a suggested retail price of $140. iPod®, iPod® minis and iTunes® products are sold separately.

Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh. Today, Apple continues to lead the industry in innovation with its award-winning desktop and notebook computers, OS X operating system, and iLife and professional applications. Apple is also spearheading the digital music revolution with its iPod portable music players and iTunes online music store.

Pioneer’s Mobile Entertainment Divisionis the leading manufacturer of audio, video and information products for in-car use. Its focus is on the development of new digital technologies including audio video, navigation and satellite radio, while maintaining its strong heritage in products for car audio enthusiasts and competitors. The company markets its products under the Pioneer and Premier brand names. When purchased from an authorized dealer, consumers receive a limited warranty for one year with Pioneer products and two years for Premier products.

Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. is headquartered in Long Beach, Calif., and its U.S. Web address is www.pioneerelectronics.com. Its parent company, Pioneer Corporation, is a leader in optical disc technology and a preeminent manufacturer of high-performance audio, video, computer and cable equipment for the home, car and business markets. The company focuses on four core business domains including DVD, display technologies, Digital Network Entertainment and components. Founded in 1938 in Tokyo, Pioneer Corporation (NYSE:PIO) employs more than 36,000 people worldwide. Its shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#248998 - 11/02/2005 16:38 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
What is it that you don't like about the empeg that makes you keep searching for other options? Maybe if we knew what your criteria were, we'd be able to help.

#248999 - 11/02/2005 17:51 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: wfaulk]
belezeebub
addict

There is nothing about the Empeg I don't like I love the empeg it is the neatest thing since Sliced bread, its cooler then having a Cray SuperDragon in your basement or you own Laser light show projector, the issue with me is, I want color and GPS /Nav which the empeg doesn't have. and my car doesn't have enough rooom in the dash for two din units. so depending on my mood I flip flop back and forth about which one I have installed, like I said in my last post I have had 5 different empegs over the years.

it goes like this I need to go fix a server at some mom and Pop shop on moose turd road in BFE,, I pull up mapquest or yahoo maps I print it out and off I go on my little 90 mile +++ drive only to find half of the streets on the map are wrong I get all bent out of shape I sell my Empeg and get a XXX with Nav all is right with the word then I have to drive 300 or 400 miles for a 1 week contract and get even more annoied at having to flip cd's so I look for a replcmant and then the whole cycle starts over again, I guess I need to get married so I have someone to tell me to stop spending money on silly things

I have went
Pioneer P1r with CD changers
to
Empeg
to
CVA-1004
Empeg
To CVA-1006 with MP3 Changer
to
Empeg
To
cVA 800 (was going to get the Ipod adapter but it didn't display right on the 800)
To
Empeg
To IVA 900 (with Ipod adapter (hated the interfact never got it)
to Empeg
Sold Car with Empeg Player (stupid thing to do long story I was so PO'ed at my POS car I just wanted it gone)
New Jeep (stock radio it has got to go VERY SOON)
Was Builing a carpc (didn't like how the screen was looking I suck at doing custom fiberglass work)

P.S. In case you were wondering Yes I pretty much have my own tech at the car stereo place becuase its not just the Radio that gets replaced I have went through 11 different subs looking for just the right sound, 6 different door speakers, and more amps then I can count (I might be a little AR about my car stereo's Okay I admit it I am alot AR abou it.

Edited by belezeebub (11/02/2005 17:56)
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#249000 - 11/02/2005 18:01 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Quote:
...and my car doesn't have enough rooom in the dash for two din units...

Get a new car

#249001 - 11/02/2005 18:05 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: robricc]
belezeebub
addict

I have a 5mth old 2004 Jeep Liberty I kind of like it so getting a new car is out of the question sorry.

#249002 - 11/02/2005 18:25 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Looks like with a bit of work and/or money you can cram two single-DIN stereos in there.

I have a Garmin StreetPilot III. I have used Kenwood (OEM Lexus) and Alpine's (OEM Acura) in-dash touchscreen NAV units. The Kenwood was the better one, and the Alpine was just horrible in my opinion. The Garmin is a usually a pleasure to use, is portable, and it costs nothing to install. It also interfaces with your computer for route planning and such. Like the empeg, you can also take it out of your car so it doesn't get stolen. The new Garmin 2610 (which I got for my father) also has a touchscreen and IR remote. That's the way I would go if you care... an empeg sled in every car and a Garmin mount on every dash!

#249003 - 11/02/2005 18:28 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Get a pocketpc and a bluetooth GPS. It'll never be quite as polished as a built in unit, but it'll be far cheaper and more practical should you ever rent a car or have more than one car.

Matthew

#249004 - 11/02/2005 18:31 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: matthew_k]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Or a TomTom Go.

#249005 - 11/02/2005 19:14 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: wfaulk]
belezeebub
addict

HUmmm that is cool but I don't see a US map and € 799 is more then the alpine unit costs (isn't it like two bucks us per € thingie"

#249006 - 11/02/2005 19:28 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Somehow it put me in the UK. Not sure why. Here's a proper link for the US TomTom Go.

#249007 - 11/02/2005 19:29 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
robricc
carpal tunnel

It's $609.99 from Newegg with US maps
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=58-108-301&depa=0

There is a thread on Fatwallet about CircuitCity putting the Garmin 2016 on clearance for under $500 in some areas.

#249008 - 11/02/2005 19:32 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: belezeebub]
tman
carpal tunnel

1€ = $1.29 at the moment

Edited by tman (11/02/2005 19:33)

#249009 - 12/02/2005 07:23 Re: Pioneer Ipod Wiget [Re: robricc]
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I LOVE my Garmin Quest ($400). It's pocket size, color pretty fast for it's size. OH, and it fits in the empeg bag front pocket with a power plug and RCA cables. I bring it everywhere. Just thought I'd toss that out there.