Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#249764 - 17/02/2005 10:45 Reel Fodder or What I've Been Up To
loren
carpal tunnel

Loc: SLC, UT, USA
I decided at the end of January that since nothing else had come up and despite some reservations on wanting to work in the game or film industry I'd start working on a new demo reel. For those who don't know how stuff works for animators, you have to submit a tape of your finest work along with your resume when applying for a job... this is your reel. Well, after working in games for 4 years, I looked through all of my work and decided it was rubbish, or at least not good enough to get me a film job. I can get another game job in a heartbeat, but I'm over it. So, I'm starting from scratch and animating to voice lines.

Here's my first foray back into animation after a 4 month break. Took about 3 weeks of super on and off again work. Give yourself a pat on the back if you know where the voice line is from, and two if you know where the graphic is from.

Right! (~2mb Quicktime)

So, that's the first. I'll be starting another tomorrow. My procrastination skills are at an all time high, I think I deserve a Nobel Prize for it actually since I've gotten it down to such a fine art. So hopefully I can get my sh*t together and do the next one way quicker.

#249765 - 17/02/2005 11:59 Re: Reel Fodder or What I've Been Up To [Re: loren]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I use that line from Groundhog Day all the time

No idea where the graphic is from, though.

Very nice job!

#249766 - 17/02/2005 13:55 Re: Reel Fodder or What I've Been Up To [Re: Dignan]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

I didn't remember the line, but the graphic is from possibly the funniest ever Daily Show clip. If you Google for "daily show box turtle" you'll find numerous references to it, but I can't seem to find any archived copy of the clip, itself.

#249767 - 17/02/2005 14:11 Re: Reel Fodder or What I've Been Up To [Re: DWallach]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I knew it looked familiar! I loved that bit!

#249768 - 17/02/2005 15:17 Re: Reel Fodder or What I've Been Up To [Re: loren]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Damn, that's some nice work, there, Loren.