Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#250150 - 21/02/2005 18:34 Recovering from a Old Drive??
belezeebub
addict

Well I have a Empeg again and I was rooting around in my collection of Old Empeg drives (You wouldn't believe how many of the 12G drives I have from upgraded Empegs) It dawned on me then one of these drives might just have my Old Records collection that I converted to mp3 and the Lost when my computer died a few years later, it would surely save me a great deal of time and effort (seeing I don't have a record player anymore) if there was a way to do the following.

1. Mount the old drives in my new player
2. Copy/backup/move the files with complete ID3 tags and directory strucker over to my new computer.
3. Remove the old drive from the empeg
4. Upload them back to my new player

I kind of miss the Great Blue Sea and the corries (from 8 track) and a ton of records I mpr-ized with my first Empeg.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#250151 - 21/02/2005 18:47 Re: Recovering from a Old Drive?? [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, no problem. Just plug in the drive and then grab the files you want.