Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#253408 - 04/04/2005 17:52 Question bout tuner install
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Ok, I pluged the socket on the tuner into the socket on my sled, and i pluged the antenna into the tuner as well, that left a blue wire and a black wire with a headphone jack. do I need those hooked up? if so where? right now when I hit source to auxillary it sits at "waiting" at the top left with a pause symbol far right middle of the screen. Thanks!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock

#253409 - 04/04/2005 22:18 Re: Question bout tuner install [Re: SonicSnoop]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
that left a blue wire and a black wire with a headphone jack. do I need those hooked up?

Blue wire: +12 volts to power antenna, or to antenna signal amplifier, if you have either one of those. It will only supply the 12 volts when the radio is active. Maximum current draw on that line should not exceed 1a if I recall correctly.

Black headphone jack: Only useful if you have a Sony RM-X2S or RM-X4S wired joystick remote controller. Otherwise not used.

Quote:
right now when I hit source to auxillary it sits at "waiting" at the top left with a pause symbol far right middle of the screen.

Auxiliary is not the tuner, that's the aux input, that's something different.

There should be a very specific source option for Tuner or Radio or something. If there isn't, then the tuner module is somehow malfunctioning or there is some kind of wiring error similar to this or this.

#253410 - 18/04/2005 23:37 Re: Question bout tuner install [Re: tfabris]
SonicSnoop
addict

Loc: Triangle, VA
Very odd I just installed my other sled from my home empeg into my dodge shadow and hooked up the tuner and it worked flawlessly but doesnt in the bug. Must be something wrong with the bugs sled. Bugs temporarly dead right now anyway so no biggie. will work it out some point.. Thanks!
-D Modifying and Tweaking is a journey, not a destination................................ MKIIa : 60gig - 040103286 - Blue - v2 + PCATS tuner MKIIa : 20gig - 040103260 - Blue - v3a8 + Mark Lord Special Edition Cherry Dock