Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#253830 - 09/04/2005 21:15 No Power from AC
Dave Reckoning
new poster

Hi, Ive just found this board and Im amazed at whats been done with the empeg unit and how many people have them ! I took my unit out of my old car before I sold it and its been sat in its box for a while. I recently wanted to listen to some music I remembered I had on it so I tried to set it up on my home stereo, then I remembered the AC didnt seem to be working last time I tried it ( a long time ago ) anyway the unit worked fine when it was removed from the car. Im pretty sure the time I tried to use it in my home was before it came out of the car. I tried another AC within the 11-16 and 1A stated on the box and it didnt work, likewise my empeg AC worked for the item Id tried the alternate AC on ( my Ethernet hub ). So the question I have ( Im sure theres gonna be loads more now I've discovered this board ) is does anyone have any idea why the unit would work off the car battery but not of the AC, are the seperate power lines or something ?

Any help much appreciated.

#253831 - 09/04/2005 21:43 Re: No Power from AC [Re: Dave Reckoning]
TigerJimmy
old hand

You should check the troubleshooting section of the FAQ . This can happen, if I remember correctly, if there is a problem with the socket into which the AC adapter plugs. I might be wrong about that, but definitely read through the FAQ. I once had problems with a "working" AC adapter that didn't provide enough current (even though it was rated to do so).

Jim

#253832 - 10/04/2005 11:35 Re: No Power from AC [Re: Dave Reckoning]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The most common explanation would be a faulty AC adapter.

Quote:
I tried another AC within the 11-16 and 1A stated on the box and it didnt work

First, there's a bit more detail to the AC adapter specifications than those two parameters. Check here for complete details.

Second:

Please clearly, and in great detail, define your term "didn't work".